DVC 2ohm .. wiring 1 coil..

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Denton, Texas US

Post Number: 275
DVC 2 ohm RE SX.. have an amp that puts out at 2 ohm. my only other option because how long its been since i bought the amp and price is for me to use this and wire one coil of my sub or get a recoil red 1000.1 and wire it parallel for 1ohm like it should be. ive never heard of recoil until i saw it at the store and apparantly no one on here has because of my other thread.. ive got no money.. just my amp to work with.. so i can settle for wiring 1 coil if that would be fine.. or exchange for that recoil. the drawback to that amp was supposeable it will only run 1ohm for 50 minutes. idk.. idk really what to do

Bronze Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 61
DO NOT wire one coil. if you only wire one VC you can fu(k your sub up. just use the recoil amp. are you driving for more than 50 minutes at a time? if so, just use common sense and give your amp a rest as needed.

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Denton, Texas US

Post Number: 276
thats what im going to do.. he tried to talk me into wiring in to one coil but i plainy said if the sub was designed for that it would be svc... he just said they are made that way for more wiring options..

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3521
They indeed are made that way for more wiring options, but look at the way the coils are wired:

Upload

You can only wire up one coil, but then you've completely changed the parameters of the sub (and will need a new box-good luck guessing what the new parameters of the sub are so you can build the right box), not to mention it won't be able to handle as much power. In essence, you can do it, but it's just not a good idea.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8590
thats like having wires run ONLY to 2 spark plugs of a 4 cylinder engine .....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us