Ot whats the difrence ?

Bronze Member
Username: Subwoofaz_rock

Brisbane, Queensland Australia

Post Number: 39
wat is the difrence between a 12 volt 25 amp battery charger and a 12 volt 25amp regulated power ? if i hook it to a amp in my room while my car is getin new alternater which 1 will work better for a 200 watt amp and what one cheaper?

Silver Member
Username: Brynm

Prince Albert, SK Canada

Post Number: 203
charger would likely be cheaper but would be terrible on your amp, due to very poor filtering. If you do it definitely use the regulated power supply it puts out a clean 12 volt DC where as the charger is extremely dirty.

Bronze Member
Username: Ccdoggy

Post Number: 26
The carger's power ouput will not be a consistant 12 Volts as they are cheap and prolly only use the bare minimum in changing the current from 115 volt to 12-14 Volt.

The regulated power supply will give you the best 12Volt supply with consistant power and voltage.

DONT even think about using the charger. you dont really know how good it is/isent.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3574

quote:

charger would likely be cheaper but would be terrible on your amp, due to very poor filtering. If you do it definitely use the regulated power supply it puts out a clean 12 volt DC where as the charger is extremely dirty.

Yep. And why uninstall your amp and put it in your room? The alt shouldn't take more than a few days total for any competent repair center to replace.:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us