Which one to power my MMATS...

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 587
i got a mmats pro series 12 in a bandpass enclosure that i took out of my car which i am now selling, and keeping the sub for my brothers install on whatever car/truck he gets in a few months, i got all new stuff for my truck so i dont need the sub for it and im leaving the rest in the car to sell it (4ch amp,h/u,components), the sub is 250rms but i have been told it will take more, so i was looking at these amps jsut to get an idea if they are any good...by the way its wired to 2ohms (dvc4ohm) i might check out ebay but prefer to stay with stores around here...
#1 http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0926INGFS10 063637&catid=20103&PCName=
#2 http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000F S10064434&catid=
#3 http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000F S10072019&catid=

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 920
wow thats a hard choice. they are all about the same quality i think, and they all put out around the same power. any of them would work, just go by what u think is best

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 588
so are u saying they all are the same quality as in not good, or are they decent amps...anything is a step up from they way the previous owner had the sub hooked up in my car when i bought it, it was hooked up to a 2ch Power acoustik amp that was running at 2ohms bridged and wasnt even stable @ 2ohms, but it never went into protection...but ya are the fairly good amps...?

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 590
and for the 1st amp the jbl there is no low pass filter to how would u set the range for the sub to play at...also with the bandpass box i have will it jsut be better to sell it and make a ported box for the sub b/c i dont know what the box's frequency is...?

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 591
ne one else...

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8598
of those choices i'd surely pick RF ......

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 592
thanx alot rovin thats what i figured, its got more powere and ive heard good things about rf amps, the inifinty ive heard lots of ppl on here complaning about giong into protect and overheating but jsut thought it was from improper wiring, and the jbl i thought it would be good cuz everyones always talking about the jbl1200.1 on here (i think thats the one) but it does lack in power compared to the others....thanx for the help ill prob tell my brother to get the rf...another thing alot of ppl say that the rf amps are underated do u think it will put out alot more then what the specs say...?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us