Multiple amps

Bronze Member
Username: Icecreamman5687

Post Number: 15
i was wonderin if u could use to amps for ur subs but be different brands...like i have 2 12's and i kenwood 1000watt amp...could i use that for one sub and the run a sony explode 1000watt amp to the other sub...will it hurt them??? is it just stupid to do??

Username: Pctrailsrider00

Loveland, Co USA

Post Number: 4
you can just tune them as close as you can together

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8183
its stupid....

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1579
Just get two identical subs, and two identical amps, it will make your life a LOT simpler...And run one amp to each sub. End of story.

Silver Member
Username: Swisher

Marianna, FL

Post Number: 222
why the heck would you get an xplode?

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 2640
b/c hes a noob :-) duh

Silver Member
Username: Swisher

Marianna, FL

Post Number: 224
some advice dont buy audio from wal mart

Bronze Member
Username: Nvmyboom

Post Number: 47
well, thats not all true, wal-mart sells great 3-way 6x8 pioneer speakers. But, wal-mart audio does suck, i even know that and im like the biggest idiot when it comes to this stuff. why not just sell ur amp, and buy one bigger amp to run both speaks with?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1105
"well, thats not all true, wal-mart sells great 3-way 6x8 pioneer speakers. But, wal-mart audio does suck"

haha, that makes no sense lol

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1595
Walmart sells (on rare occasion) some DECENT/AVERAGE Pioneer HU's as well. But I wouldn't say do all your car audio shopping there, but an HU to that extent would work for a bit.

Bronze Member
Username: Icecreamman5687

Post Number: 16
well i bought this sony explode off one of my friends for 30 dollors that y...i know sony sucks and im saving my money for better amps just not there yet and wanted to see if it would make a diff...also i dont shop for any of my stuff at wal-mart nottin there at all..i hate wal-mart to many illegals and trailer trash there for me...lol...but yah well wat amps do u guys recomend to power 2 type r's.. and i dont know if like orion are crap or wat u think r crappy amps 2 buy..

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

United States

Post Number: 101
you can use one amp per sub, you can set it however you want to.. but set them as close as you can sound-wise to avoid one being louder than the other or having a different kind of bass. Set all your crossovers the same on both amps and it will work.

FYI: Walmart now carries Audiobahn (which says alot about how sh!tty Audiobahn really is) It started with just DUB by Audiobahn, but now it's full-blown-brand-stamped-Audiobahn.
----
Get, if you can find one, a Kenwood Excelon KAC-X810D for 2- type-r subs. It was my old setup and it pounded so hard I cracked the rear window in my old blazer. A KAC-X811D or KAC-X812D will work as well, the difference is that those last two models come with digital controls and the 810 didn't. Each model is from a different year but is the same amp with differenct "types" of controls.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1112
kris, if your looking for an amp for your r's, get a kicker 1200.1, there perfect for it and right now there $350 brand new with kicker warranty at hifisoundconnection. i just ordered a few and they told me there going fast so i'd jump on it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us