Is There Any Where Else Besides The Trunk That You Can Put Subwoofers In A BMW Z3?

Bronze Member
Username: Wrjh12

Post Number: 11
I am really interested in buying two 10'Subwoofer's, preferably Alpine, MTX, or Eclipse. And I wanted to know if anybody knows a place other than the trunk were you can put subwoofers, Component subs. Please post back ASAP.

Silver Member
Username: Nikoncd

Post Number: 113
Are you limiting yourself to those brands? Just wondering. 10" subwoofer, although fairly small is still pretty big to stick anywhere other than your trunk unless your planning on doing something custom inside the car. Probably a sealed enclosure of some sort, fiberglass be one way of making it really nice. I have a friend who take out his center seat in his Sports Trac and put a box there, with 2 Xtants - I believe X2's. I mean, it was cool and all but for a daily driver I wouldn't recommend. If your trying to preserve trunk space, you could think about taking out your spare and sticking a sub there. You could go with some decent size 8" subs, haven't heard any personally but its something to look at. I know from my own car, there is a jack compartment in the trunk where people have retrofitted an 8" sub with some custom work. So to answer your question... yes there are places you could put your subs other than your trunk... just takes some imagination/initiative/money.

Silver Member
Username: 20la20

Franklin, TN U.S.

Post Number: 126
to be real ghetto you could just sit the box in the backseat...just stick it back there lol...seen it and its really ghetto not to mention impractical and stupid lol but it is another place to put subs

Bronze Member
Username: Wrjh12

Post Number: 12
No Yall dont understand if you look at A BMW Z3 you will understand. It Has no backseat you have to look at the pic to see. I was planing to have it custom made into my car. But You have to look at the pic of a 1997 BMW Z3 to understand

Bronze Member
Username: Bjamila123

Sc

Post Number: 60
ay josh just put a pic of it to see what you're workin with

Bronze Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 57
are we supposed to be mind readers? maybe you should have specified that it was a Z3 in your initial post. get a 10" or maybe even a 12" and custom fit it between the seats. there really aint alot of room in that car. why dont you want subs in the trunk?

Silver Member
Username: Nikoncd

Post Number: 114
^^^agreed, you didn't tell us what car you had - how about before asking a question, you fill in the details so we can better understand.

Silver Member
Username: Lil_jon

Post Number: 362
to be real ghetto you could just sit the box in the backseat...just stick it back there lol...seen it and its really ghetto not to mention impractical and stupid lol but it is another place to put subs

what ghetto you go to?
the backseat the last place you want a sub in the ghetto

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 331
Remove the passenger seat and put a huge sub there with a customized enclosure out of fiberglass

Silver Member
Username: Eseesai

Post Number: 211
ok i c well u can just get a set of components or get a whole new car cause i dont know how u plan on gettin 10's in that lil' thing might as well sell it and get a new one but then again someone else can help you figure it out on here with some tips on how to do it...this is my opinion

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4039
he has the model of the car in his thread title.^^^:-)

Bronze Member

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 59
haha....It sure does. I'm dyslexic, cant read, lol. What you think he should do muddy? I think he needs to use the trunk. or put like a 12 or a 10 up in between the seats. and get a good custom installer to make the enclosure there.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4041
get some shallow mounts and put the behind the seat?
or i am not sure.

i would need to see a pic of the inside of the car
and i am not searching on google for one right now. lol

Bronze Member

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 60
lol, i googled earlier and didnt find any real good pics of the interior but from what i could see, it looks like the seats are all the way up against the trunk and there is an armrest that folds down. one of those ones that goes directly into the trunk.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4044
he would have to do a smallllllll ported enclosure to get any real output....sealed wouldn't do much unless it has TONS of power. lol but i guess that would work too.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4406
not much you can do with that car. its so small. just put some nice component speakers. it would be too much work to put something in there. not to mention cutting up some stuff to make it fit. keep it clean man.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us