Chad L help me.!!!

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 888
i guess i need to start a new thread. i am building a box for my treo ssi 15. whats ur box specs, and do u have any recommendations for me?

what do you think about sealed and or ported

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4394
put it in a nice 2-2.5 cuft box with a nice 4" aero port and tune it to 33hz. you will love it.

i tried mine both sealed and ported. the sealed sounded clean but ported just made the sub come alive. the sq of the sub is excellent so you won't lose too much sq by porting it.

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 890
so u recommend the aero port? i thought urs was slot ported??

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4396
it is. i am building a new box right now. it should be done by the weekend.

the slot port sounds good too. i just thought it would be easier to build a box with aeros. i will let you know how they sound after i drop the subs in this weekend.

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 897
why do u want to change from slot to aero.

i heard that aero and slot have no differences, other than maybe a tiny bit of port noise from slotted, that aero doesnt have.

also what is ur box tuned to now? would u recommend anything else? im trying to make a decision soon, so i can start building.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8574
1 main advantage of choosing pipe or aero ports over slot ported box is that it makes the box considerably smaller in size .....

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4397
^^^that answers your question right there steve. i want more cuft inside my box thats why i am changing it.

btw my box is currently tuned to 33hz.

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 929
ok i dont know much about aero ports, and i need help at where to start. i guess im gunna use 4 inch round ports, and i wanted to know how to get this tuned. is it basically a ratio with the diameter and lenght of the tube??? can u give me some qucik details on how to start and finsish putting the aero ports on the box??? thanks a lot

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 941
also, when u recommended 2 - 2.5 cu feet up there^^^, u were talking about 1 15 right?

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 942
that seems too small for a 15, even if it is aero ported

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 943
im just trying to figure out how much port area i need with this site, but somethin is not right help me!!!

http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=35&Eh=17&Dia=9&Xmax=27&Vd= .128&NumW=1&Vb=2.75&Fb=33&Qts=&Vas=&Fs=&CE=0

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4421
my bad. for some reason i was thinking you were talking about the 12s. sorry man.

it should be 2.5 cuft to 3 cuft.

this is what it says on the spec sheet....

2.5 cuft net, 25 sq in vent, 17.5 in long F3=33hz

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 944
holy sh*it. i need some major help. do you have aim?

i need someone to help me to find out how much sq incehs i need with the aero port. i know its the same as if you slot port, so thats why i used that site to figure it out. but its messed up anyways. help me to find out what i need for a tube port size.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8592
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp

http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 946
i started to use the carstereo site for finding out my port.

if i do 4 inch diameter, 2.5 cu feet, and 33hz, the port will be 9.51 inches.

do you think it will sound good with my sub, if im only going by diameter, cu feet, and tuning? because it doesnt ask anything about the sub when putting in the values.

and do u guys think i should do 2.5??? i was thinking that was a little small.

chad were u syaing that spec sheet said 2.5 is what is recommended for the ssi 15, when u do aero ports? thanks.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4426
it will sound good with the 4 inch aero ports.

the spec sheet didn't say use aero ports but trust me. it will sound good.

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 947
is ur finished yet?

i got another question. will 4" pipe be a total of 4 inches, or will it be something like 3.8 because of the thickness??? i noticed that the length of the pipe is considerably differenct, when you put 3.8 in for the value instead of 4.

btw, what did u use to do for your box for finding what u needed for the port???

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4429
yeah mine is finished. let me tell you it sounds awesome. the aeroport sounds better than the slot port for some reason.

i didn't use no special program to determine what kinda box and what size port to use. i just took an educated guess. it sounds awesome.

its 4.83 cuft before displacement. the ports are 4 inch aeros tuned to 36hz. it pounds hard. i mean hard. much harder than the slot port box i had tuned to 33hz with 75sq inch of port. both boxes are common chamber.

Upload

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 979
Wow that looks so fu**kin awesome its not even funny. where did u get your aeros at?

it looks like your subs are almost flush mounted too? lol.
by common box do you mean 1 chamber for both subs?

how is the sq at 36? maybe ur subs pound more cuz u tuned 3 hz higher, and it matches everything better

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 991
are ur ports flared on both ends?

and for flared ports how do u measure length? from rim to rim on each flare?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8611
from what i seen online lightning audio makes the best aeroports cause both end r flared

alot of no name companies make them & its not flared as much , short in length & only 1 end flared

i hope ppl reading this will NOT take 4 granted that a 3" pipe is exactly 3" cause the 3" pipes i get here r actually 3.25" & its makes a TON of diffence when calculating the tuning .....

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4431
those are lighting audio aero ports. they were $6 plus shipping on ebay. so it comes out to be around $10 shipped. they are flared on both ends.

here's the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D200002625784&ru=http%3A%2 F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Fcgiurl%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fcgi .ebay.com%252Fws%252F%26fkr%3D1%26from%3DR8%26satitle%3D200002625784%26category0 %3D%26fvi%3D1

Gold Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 1027
and for flared ports how do u measure length? from rim to rim on each flare?

i think im gunna need like 8.5 inch long one, and i need to know how to measure it.

chadleeisthebest...u should sign on to aim...

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4432
here use this link.

http://psp-inc.com/psp-inc.com/public_html/..%5Ccgi-bin%5Cport_length_calculator .cgi
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us