I need help ASAP Please Help!!!!

Username: Impossible_nuthin

Post Number: 1
Ok i recently had a boss 845 amp pushing my lanzaar 1600wat bit it continued to cut out on me ofter 15 minutes of playing it. So the guy that put it in took the amp out and put in a Q (something--Its Orange) and its 1100wats I turn my sterio on and about 5-10 seconds later it cuts of. So when I get home I check it out and my speaker is making buzzing nasty noises> Whats the problem? I need some help guys, what happend and what should I do?

Post Number: 2
Come on guys help me out>

Bronze Member
Username: Makmillion

United States

Post Number: 82
You bought no-name over-rated equipment.

But seriously.. it sounds like you're not getting enough power to the amp. I had a similar problem when my battery terminals corroded a few weeks ago.

What size power cables do you have installed? It'll say on the cable if you don't know already.

An amp that pushes 1100 watts, if it actually does, should have at least a 4 gauge cable.. 2 would be better.. for both power and ground.

You might also have a bad ground.. it's hard to tell without more details.

Post Number: 3
Ok I checked the cables and its and 8 guage cable, and the amp is a Quantium 1100.

Bronze Member

United States

Post Number: 83
From what I cand find on that amp it only pushes 250 watts rms... what size fuse(s) are mounted to the side of the amp? That will give me a better idea of what kind of power you're pulling..

Post Number: 5
two 30 watt fuses

Bronze Member

United States

Post Number: 84
You power and ground cable should be fine at 8 gauge, it wouldn't hurt to have 4 installed with that amp.

Check your power and ground connections.. make sure your gain isn't cranked all the way up. Make sure your subs are connected + to + and - to - and not criss crossed... if bridged, make sure they are bridged on the proper channels.

Make sure your subs are connected to their signal cables + to + and - to -, inside the box and at the terminals.

Is there a protect, thermal or overload light on? Does it turn on at all at this point?

If all else fails head to autozone for a free alternator and battery test and make sure everything is powering okay.. or use a volt meter if you own one.

If everything is okay, you might have blown your subs... this is the importance of getting an amp with soft-turn-on :-)

Keep me updated.. I'm interested to find out what's going on..

Post Number: 7
So how may I have blown my subs? I mean thats possible with fuses? I didn have the music that loud, in fact its been louder before with my old 845watt amp//.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us