Does this make sense at all?

Bronze Member
Username: Ccdoggy

Post Number: 18
So i just got my eclipse sub but they sent me the wrong one. I ordered a dual 4 Ohm and got a dual 3.1 Ohm.

My amp is only 2 Ohm stable, but what if i wired it for 1.5 and dident turn it up that much? would it still work and not blow my amp up?

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1065
eventually it will mess up...... it will play an all but will get hot an then cause problems..... better call them up an tell then no need in burnin up your amp

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
yeah, i suppose its really not worth the risk of killing the amp.

Guess ill hook itup in 6 Ohm and see if i like it before i send it back.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 2039
what amp do you have, most amps can handle an ohm load a little bit under waht there rated, like most 1ohm amp can handle .75ohms, most subs ohms are lower than what is stated, like my atlas's are svc4ohm but the acutally 3.6ohms, so im pretty sure you'll be fine.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
My amp is a Infinity 611A.

I dunno depends on what the seller says about a return and if they actually have the 4 Ohm dvc...

Bronze Member
Username: Makmillion

United States

Post Number: 73
I personally wouldn't wire that sub at 1.5 on that amp. I've never seen anything good come from wiring an Infinity lower than 2, in most cases the older ones didn't handle less than 4 very well.. just a heads up, though.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
One last question, In the manual it states its DC-R is dual 3.1 Ohms. Now it is advertised on all the sites as being a dual 4 ohm. So does that mean that it happens to have a resistance of 3.1 ohms when not powered (I took my multimeter to it and got the same number) and that when powered it can/will change to average at 4 Ohms?

The sub is a Eclipse Ti Sw9102. I tryed looking up all the info on it online and the only places i could find refering to it as a 3.1 Ohm was a few that had exact transcripts of the manual.

Any clues?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
The Eclipse support phone number was useless as they just discontinued the line and do not have any info on it. Although i dont think they could have helped anyways as they would have just read the manual which i can do.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3052
you will be just fine.

DC-R is the DC resistance, your amp will not actually see that load...the impedence (AC resistance...kinda) will change as the frequency changes (this is impedence rise). Your amp should be just fine at 1.55ohms DCR.

most "dual 4ohm subs" are infact not truly 4ohms per coil...the DCR is usually a lil lower, in your case 3.1ohm

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3053
just to put you at ease about hookin that sub up to your amp...

-the RE SE is a dvc 4ohm sub also, but its DCR is 2.8ohm.

-the RE RE is also dvc 4ohm, its DCR is 3.2ohm.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
This is why i come here. My questions allways get answered and everyone is so nice.

Thanks so much for the info I thought something was wrong with how it was stated.

Thanks a bunch!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us