Cant decide between 12" cvr's or 15" cvr's!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Nvmyboom

Post Number: 38
Im planning on buying two subs, either two 12" or two 15" cvr kickers. I cant decide which speaker would best fit this amp
Lanzar VIBE286 2Ch. 4000W MOSFET Amp (overrated)
ALso, would the 15' subs be to much for a stock alternator in a Ford Explorer?

Silver Member
Username: John_wash

Nashville, Tennessee

Post Number: 381
i would get da 15s. Im pretty sure dat amp is pushing atleast a 1000 rms.

Bronze Member
Username: Nvmyboom

Post Number: 39
no its way overrated
almost by half

Username: Impossible_nuthin

Post Number: 4
Well it depends man, even though you have a truck do you want half of your trunk speakers. If you move alot of stuff or you have alot of junk in your trunk you may want the smaller subs, but if you keep it clean and dont really use the trunk(wich I dont know why if you have a truck)then get the 15"s. But dont just go with what looks and sounds better get whats fully best for you man. But the 15" would be pretty nice>

Username: Pctrailsrider00

Loveland, Co USA

Post Number: 3
just a word of advise on the lanzar amplifiers, sometimes the people like to knock them off. Check the sizes of the fuses on the amp if you only got like 2 20 amp fuses its a knock of lansar and it is no where near 4000 try 600. We have done 4 15 Kicker L7's in a 2001 ford explorer powered by 4 Kicker 1000.1 amps, and an alternater wasn't needed but i might recomend a battery. the 15's are way nice but the 12's can put in a pretty good clean hit.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1303
"We have done 4 15 Kicker L7's in a 2001 ford explorer powered by 4 Kicker 1000.1 amps, and an alternater wasn't needed but i might recomend a battery. the 15's are way nice but the 12's can put in a pretty good clean hit."

dont take this the wrong way but...HAHAHAHAHA

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1580
I agree...That's about 4000W RMS from the amps right? And I thought they were 1200.1? If that's the case, 4800W RMS? And you're saying NO NEW ALTERNATOR? A Ford Explorer doesn't come stock with a 200A+ alternator...In fact, I don't think ANY cars do, except maybe military Hummers lol.

Username: Pctrailsrider00

Loveland, Co USA

Post Number: 5
yeah it sounds stupid as hell, i would think if i heard it from someone else i would think the same but i got a couple pics of it on my phone (if you seriously don't belive me) i can send them but i cant figure out a way to post them up on here using a link.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us