Hey chadL

Silver Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 290
hey about your treos u had did they give out lots of bass and sound good i was thinkin of goin with them cause they make dual2's then i can hook them up in series and get 2 ohms a perfect match for my kicker unless u wana buy it for 600 otherwise i might do that. do they feel more and give out more bass then type X i got them in a 70 HZ box rightnow they sound ok but would sound way better in a low tuned box iam getin one made rightnow so i duno if those type X sound good in my new box i might j ust keep them and get the orion2500d since its 1 ohm well the lowest i can sell u my amp for is 600 cause i have to pay for shipping to so

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4364
damn a 70hz tuned box? thats kinda high isn't it?

well my treos get low and sound good. they get loud too. the bass travels if you like that kinda stuff.

also i'm gonna have to pass on the amp cause i want to get the zx or a better amp altogether.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 2033
70hz holy sh1t, whats the point of even having a sub, your missing all the hz's the subs is supposed to play, i bet those subs sound like sh1t.

Silver Member

Post Number: 295
hm zx is basically the same amp still 2 ohm stable i think i might keep it i guess well they dont get really loud cause they wernt designed for that box once i get my other box made it would be alot louder and sound alot better

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4370
yes it would. there is no way that 70hz box was going to sound good.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8562
70 hz is like just puttin a hole in the side of ur box without bothering 2 tune = a waste of time IMO .......

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4380
^^^^perfect description.

Gold Member
Username: Alex_f

Near lexington, Ky Us

Post Number: 1154
my very first box was tuned to about 65.oll. i thought just putting a port in there would work. So i had to clog it with a shirt. well im glad i learned.

Silver Member

Post Number: 297
i had that box cause i was going in a competition before with 2 10" dd2500 it was an SPL box but now iam wiating for my other box to be made is there anything i can do to cover that port to make the box act as sealed for now?

Silver Member

Post Number: 298
bump

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6058
yes remove the port if it is pvc and if it is slot ported then just screw a new baffle over the port.

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 763
why remove the port at all?, just screw a piece of wood over it ittl be alright

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6061
because sometimes over time a port can fall in the box then how would you get it out?

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3482
70hz is a spl box...
tune lower than 45 for daily...

Silver Member

Post Number: 299
whats pvc

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4393
andy you have that 10 inch aeroport right? yeah that thing is huge. if you want to sell the port i'd give you a few dollars for it. i am talking about just the port.

Silver Member

Post Number: 301
hm the port alone is worth 100$ thats what my installer said anyways its his he just lent it to me for the sound off which i did cra*ppy anyways cause i blew that dd so that box he made for me is worth around $200 its his box he made so

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4398
$100???? for a single port? what is it made of?

nvm. i thought it was just a regular aeroport
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us