Username: Alexv305

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 249
any good?

Silver Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 436
yes...its about the same as the 2500d....

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1379
the hifonics have good reputation, its one of the most popular competitions amps, ill take it over the orion, orion takes too much current, the hifonics its a 2 channel amp and u can make better wiring choices,the only problem with the hifonics is that some people said that the hifonics go into protect mode.

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 721
ive heard build quality on hifonics isnt amazing either, but as long as you mount em away from the speakers then theyre prolly better, and yeah, orion takes alot of current

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 835
ive heard hifonics is alright, but everyone has learned that they only do like 80% of their rated power.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4362
hifonics higher end amps are nice. its their lower model amps that are overrated.

Silver Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 360
I got a d2500 so im gonna have to say go with Orion. There underrated where as hifonics is over rated. They may draw a bit more power but man if you can feed it good power that thing will give you an insane amount of power. I just wouldnt recomend running it on a stock electrical system. Ive heard of people wiring it to 1/2 ohm though and i think they said it was around 4000rms thats roughly 8000 peak which is insane for an amp that you can get new on ebay, for what 450 shipped i think.

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1056
ummm those Hifonics amps.....arent as good as i thought..... they produce alot of distorstion....i looked at in a car audio book on the collosus amp or hurelues or (CANT SPELL) anyway it drew alot of current an was 300rms off its power rating.... it talked about the 1% thd that amp mad when i get the book ima quote it....

Username: _jw_

OH

Post Number: 10
Id take the Hifonics all day long

Bronze Member

OH

Post Number: 11
Oh and by the way the XX line of Hifonics amps IS underrated you can go on any other forum and see that. But the new Brutus does 92-98% of its rated power.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8142
lol...What alot of ppl dont understand is that the new orion stuff is not as good as u would want to believe.....

the 2500d (or whatever its called) only does around 2300rms..(send 6 benched) still for 450 thats really good...

I would take the Hifonics...out of the 2...like Chad said..every company has good and bad...

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1288
the orion 2500D and XX colossus are very powerful amp for the price. both orion and hifonics amps are a little overrated, but if you know that going into buying them buy accordingly. personally i would take the colossus, but the orion is a good amp as well.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4363
i like the colossus better too.

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1386
all of hifonics are overated because they nneed two special things.

1. u need to have the voltage and the amperage,
2. ull need a balance driver special for the hifonics to make the sound crystal clear.

if u got the 1st one ull have 95% of its rated power. then if u get both ull get 105%, if u got the balance driver and not the power ull have around 90%.

me and some installer friends benched some amps and yeah the hifonics(bxi2006,1600 and jupiter) were underated till we put the balance and the proper amperage and voltage,

we tested the orion 2500d it drawed 162 amps at 14v. at mid-high power and it did 2498watts rms

we tested my two ol skool sony p5 amps and it was underated by 4 watts i was amaze by the power of the ol skool sony p5 amps, and those are my favorite since they got the bass boost at 30hz not like other amps at 45hz thats why they sound weird and boomby

Silver Member

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 259
what do u mean by balance driver?

Silver Member

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 261
lmao 14volts x 162amps = 2268watts.. thats if the amp was 100% efficient which I highly doubt..lol So I dont see how the information you provided is accurate...

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1389
i got the sheet at the shop, i think it was 162 amps or 182 sometin like that and it was 14.8 v but yeah the orion was overtaed by i think 50 watts.

the balance driver. is a module that connects to the hifonics amp, to make the signal stronger and make the amp push the power easier

Bronze Member

OH

Post Number: 12
LOL @ lilrob,dude STFU ur perfect to work for best buy because you act like you know what ur talking about but you really dont have a fu(king clue

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1391
fakk you nigga fakin retard ,

ok i got the sheet right here,

orion 2500d drawed 172amps at full power producing 2498.8 watts rms at full power
and 52 amps at idle

hifonics bxi2006d drawed 138 amps producing 1984.2 watts rms at full power and 24amps at idle.

the bxi1600d drawed 118 amps producing 1573 watts rms at full power and 21 amps at idle

remeber all the power was donde at 14.8 volts not 14.4 like the regular test it was at 14.8

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4016
my DLS draws .4A at idle. haha

and your math is wrong....the voltage on the Orion was 14.52

V on the bxi2006d is 14.37

V on the bxi1600d is 13.33:-)

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1392
the idle is the amp playin at normal musik with the gain set to low or the lowest gain settin.

and not u wrong the machine have an output of 14.8v to be exact. u can get those numbers because those amp are not 100% EFFICIENT, SO PUT MORE VOLT AND ITS GONNA GIVE YOU THE RIGHT WATTS so muddy dont try to act like a smartass

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3481
i would pick the D5000

ohh and a orion modded @ 16v and .5ohms can do near 4400... it can also be made strappable... the new models are already strappable.

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1071
^^^^^ i agree wit dat man......

n so sum1 dont think that B is dumb thats the same amp as the 2500D

n LIlrob u work at Bestbuy right.....okay how come they wont do bench testing at mine.....n
no offense (Cuz i cant back myslef up) y duz it seem like every1 in the car audio department doesnt know whut they are talkin about at all

1 guy said that only alpine amps can take 14.4 volts..... an that it should b at 12 not 14
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us