HELP SPEAKERS SMOKIN

Username: Anthony87

Post Number: 1
recently my music cut out whist driving just making a faint sqealing noise so i just turnt it off. when getting home and checking it i checked the connections and turned it on again to find my 6x9's smoking but still no music. i have infinity front components, infinity 6x9's and and infinity perfect sub. subs runs on kicker amp and all speakers on a splx 4 channel amp. any ideas whats wrong???

Silver Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 419
do they still make noise?

Post Number: 2
they dont produce any sound they just make sort of squealing sound occasionally. the volume doesnt have to be turned up and it still smokes. we changed 1 of the cross overs for the front components and that started smoking too.

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 242
check all your wiring... take the hu out (to check the wiring), but mainly check at the amps and the grounds. also take the 6x9s out (obviously) because there probably dead.

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 698
thats normal, dont worry bout it, jk.... did you play it real loud, cuz maybe you burnt some voice coils

Post Number: 3
it wernt playin any music so we turned it up but only for a second. it was still fryin the speakers when it was just on. where would you say the problem is?? amplifier, head unit e.t.c??????

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5589
When you say "smoking" are you referring to an actual smoke coming from the speaker?
If it is, then most likely they're burnt out. Where did you get your system installed? Was it by a prof or just a friend?
When a speaker blows/smokes, it's usually caused by HU overloading/clipping or the amp's gain/level set incorrectly.

Post Number: 4
yes there is actual smoke coming from the speakers. a friend installed the system but we both know how to. the system has been running fine for months when it just suddenly it stopped working. does anyone know why there is no sound??

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 749
the speakers are blown, hook up some speakers from around wherever, then if they still dont work, whatever was powering them is probably blow, there, plain and simple,
if i dont work its probably broken
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us