Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1047
woofer

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=3340

comps

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1101

alteraudio or any1

help me out i want this sub...for my frontstage since its cheap n i think it will do a good job as a "extended" low/midbass (best description i could make) along with some CDT carbon fiber comps.... will they take 250rms no prob or whut...

how loud will 2 get i would like 120-130 db just off them 2 will that even b possible

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2530
what i'd do there is talk to alteraudio about running thoes drivers off the ES300 3 way crossover. unless you went completely active, i think it'd be hard to tie thoes together having passive components and active mid bass added on...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1052
ur going to have to explain active/passive an all that....

i planed on running 1 alpine MVR-545 which i dont think will work to well.....chit cuz i think it has a single 4ohm VC. an

so i stuck again.....chit.... i was going to do 2 orion 400-2's 1 for subs n 1 for comps

thanks brandon u helped me on most my threads

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 701
when alter audio signs on aim talk to him his sn is alteraudiousa

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2541
second thought on the ES300 crossovers...you can't bi amp on thoes crossovers, so whatever power you put on the inputs would go to all drivers, tweeters, woofers and thoes 8 inch subs....you'd prob need more power to thoes 8's.

passive means your using thoes physical crossover boxes that come with component sets to divide frequencies and determine slopes.

active means you use a seperate channel of amplification for each driver and you use the crossovers in the amplifiers or HU fo set the frequencies and slopes. just gives you more flexability and your not limited by the physical limits of the passive components.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8549
here in my country ALOT of ppl use home/house midbass drivers in their cars & it sounds good . Reason they use these brands like
RCF
EMINENCE
SELENIUM
B&M
CIARE
18 SOUND etc

is that they play freq around 75hz-3hz loudly & r way cheaper (like a 6" eminence alpha runs around $30 each)than using components costing 100s of $$$

& 2 play the high freq ppl use "bullet" type house tweeters as well ESPECIALLY in sound offs ....

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1071
you can use the 3 way passive crossovers on it as they don't have tweet protection mode and can handle a lot of power but I would say use a combination of your 8445 to help control your crossover points. Since most amps don't have a built in bandpass crossover capability I would use the 8445 crossover to bandpass your component set's midrange woofer and run the EF-8 active. I would put the component set on the "High" RCA of the HU and at the crossover have the highpass at say 200 or 250hz. The component set will play 200-250hz to 3.15khz on the midrange woofer and 3.15khz and up for the tweeter. Than hook the amp for the EF-8's on the "mid" RCA and bandpass them at say 63hz and 200hz so the EF-8s only play that frequency range and then use the "Low" RCA on your subs.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1053
chit u guys r right i would need an X-over... i was going to just run it off the sub channel n the comps of the the Front output......

first tell me this r those subs single 4ohm

okay so ur saying get a 3 way x-over run the highs for the comps, mids for EF-8's, lows for Subs

cuz i need dual 2 or 4 doesnt matter with that amp 250x2 or 500x1

an rovin i dont realy want a midbass so to say....but a secondary sub....that can play upperbass an when i dont want to be loud all the time i can just run those u know......

i need to get back on aim.....my mom is bn g@y n took my computer an hasnt done whut she said an still hasnt given it back an i cant get it on this comp.

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1076
killer dont you have an eclipse radio? if not, get one or get a 3way electronic crossover like the Audiocontrol units. or you can control it if you have an amp that can do it for you like a 5channel amp. And the EF8's are single 4ohm. And since you want subwoofer control you need something with a gain knob or volume knob if you want it to play independt of your other subs.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1055
no i have a ALpine CDA-7897 its 3 way capable.....so it can work

my RAA-1000 has a Gain knob so i cut it down when i dont want to use it

could u post links an/or typical price on those
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us