System history

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 670
tell the story of your car audio expirience

My uncle got me two sony xplode 6X9s and a sony head unit for my birthday one year, so thats really what started me on all this,i started out with that and 2 audiobahn flame Q's and put em in a prefab box which happened to be 2.7 cubes at 39hz, pushed those with 2 legacy predator 4000 wat peak, which put out about 500rms, audiobahns blew, with only that much power(hence the reason i HATE audiobahn), after that i bought two memphis M3's and put em in the same box, i had that until i got bored then i went ahead and sold the predators to some mexican guy and ordered a MASSIVE 1500d and when it came it played nice for about 3 days till it blew, i brought it back and it had a warranty so i got my 400$ back, then i ordered my baby, memphis 1100d, best amp ive ever seen, pushed my M3's with that for a little while till i decided to go all out and fill my trunk with a 7cf box, when i got the box done it JUST fit in the trunk but damn did it slam, at this point im perfectly happy with my system, then i go to a party and left my ca unlocked by accident and poof there gone, since that i ordered 2 sony xplodes and a sony amp, amp came in today and the subs'll be here tomarrow, im making a box for them and it WILL be loud, after that im gonna be getting a loan for a car and imma get some extra and buy my dream system, 2 15" mojos and 2 1500d's then im gonna make the box so damn big that you canot steal it without taking the whole car

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 1391
i was thirteen, at a place called fairmont circle near my house. its a little place with a few restaraunts and we used to hangout there when we were young. so one night i got out of my car when my parents dropped me off, and i heard the booming of a sound system. i mean, it wasnt my first time that i noticed "booming" from a car, but it was the first time that i really noticed it. so it gets louder, and i see a blackjeep pass by. i said to my friends..whoaaaaa did u hear that car. they all shrugged it off like they didnt care. about an hour later i see the car parked. it happened to be a kid that i have known forever, who lives onmy street. he just turned 16. i go up to his car and start talking to him, and he goes, :open up my trunk and take a look" three 12 inch brahmas, 2 amps, neons all over flashing to the beat, and a totaly custom install. ever since that day i have been obsessed and i had a sound system installed in my car before i even turned 16 hahah

Bronze Member
Username: Genocyde21

Post Number: 59
christ 3 brahmas... The thing cost like 600$ each lol.
I got my first car and was quite poor. Wen't to my local future shop and they would sell a complete pioneer system. Front speakers, no back ones ?, amp, head-unit, sub. It was worth around 900 and i payed it by month, iirc something like 40$ a month lol...

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1041
i had a Lawnmower that poped wheelies an had fun running up an down the street plus the muffler wuz cut off an a blue flame would shoot out the pipe.....plus we would run Cam2 118 octane gas..... okay..... i had a freind witha Alpine CDA-7897 i knew that it cost like 600$ new.....so went to my cuzin house an saw it sittin there i had to get it..... he wanted my lawnmower anyway..... so got it fixed at alpin 95$ and i waz good to go.......then i saw some A-bahns.....1206t's i was gonna get them.......but my freind saw in a c-field book MB quart bass pakage.....Raa-1000 Pwe 354 15" sub qlogic box 429$ so i bought it an got the Pwe 352 so i can run 1000rms..... since i blew the 352 i now have 2 354's i this is all in this car hear http://www.torinocobra.com/guest_htm/travis_johnson.htm im only 18 got this all when i waz 16 realy......but i slaved for it i do have a good job 10/hour but still it was a sacrafice

soon to be 2 Treos TSX 15's hopefully running by Orion 2500d

Silver Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 210
The first thing i remember was like when i was about 7 we were goin to my cousins house and we stopped by burger king to get somthing to eat. while we were eating a black truck pulled up and i thought it was thundering outside but it was a clear sky. Then when i was about 12 this kid down the stree had 2 12's in the trunk of his civic and i asked to sit in it and it was loud. Then last year my friend got his licese and got 2 12" type r's and then there is this kid named nick lahey he had two 15" L7's with a hifonics colosolus and it was so loud. He has some vids on ROE. Now all i have is an HU but i installed it my self so im pretty proud of it...lol. And im saving to get my subs and amp.

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1064
any1 else i wanna hear more stories

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1568
I bought Volfenhag 12's, and 4 Volfenhag 5x7's, and an Audiobahn A8000T. Later bought a Kenwood KDC-X589 HU.

Chucked and sold the Volfenhag 12's, and bought 2 Ascendant Audio Assassins. Still have those 5x7's and the HU, but I added an A6004T.

All of this was within the same year :P!

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 2037
well my brother got me interrested in stereos when he got his cvr10, then this stereo shop close to me had a kicker sale so i bought 2 12inch comps and a kx200.2 for $200, then some pre-fab ported box, then my sister gave me this old jensen HU and my first car allready had some crappy sony 5.25 speakers in it, so i was set, then i found this webssite and learned a sh1t load of stuff, then when AA was selling all the xbl subs really cheap i bought 2 atlas's, then i bought an RE12.1 amp and was set.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4405
the history of my subs are.....

1. audiobahn aw1208t
2. alpine type Rs
3. re se xxx
4. alpine type X
5. kicker cvr (i only used that for a little bit while my ssi's were being fixed.)
6. treo ssi

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4042
history of mine.

1. digital designs 2510.....

haha

haev had it almost 2 years now.:-)

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 472
My friend gave me 2 type R's when I knew nothing about car audio, they got stolen...then got 3 type S ...got stolen....and now I sit with 2 type E's...yet to be stolen but expecting it anyday

Silver Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 774
alarm

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 484
Have an alarm, 2 way too but ppl are messed, i've tried this new method and it seems to be working I toss a black blanket over my subs, seems to be working

Silver Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 779
youve got some retarded crooks if that works, or your systems not too loud or maybe you turn it down where you park

Bronze Member
Username: I_likes_da_bass

Bentonville, AR USA

Post Number: 58
I used to ride with a dude that had 2 15" Crunch Series Subs in a Jeep Cherokee pushing 1000 Watts. When I would get out of the truck my ears felt like there was liquid coming out of them. He sold me the 15's for $200 but I didn't have anything to put them in so I pawned em. Then one of my cousins had a lifted GMC pickup with a pair of RF 12's and those were loud too. I have been in love with loud music ever since.

Since then I have had 6 12" Pioneer subs (different models), 2 12" RF Punch XLC's, 1 10" RF Punch, 4 Pioneer 6x9's (different models), 2 Pioneer 4x6's, and finally 2 dome tweeters but I don't remember the brand. Can't wait to get a blazer and do it all over again.

Bronze Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 63
Well i started with a hifonics 10" sub running off my HU, then i got a jensen amp to run it. next i upgraded the sub to 1 jl W-0 then i got another W-0 after that i hated my jensen amp and got a RF 500a1, i think it was. it made a huge difference, shortly after i upgraded both W-0's to 2 W-3's in a sealed sub zero box. I had this in a hatchback suzuki swift which is like a geo metro. it pounded but it drowned out the highs. so i got a pair of 6.5" eclipse 2 ways, still i wanted more so i got a pair of 1" MTX tweets and a kenwood amp (dont remember what model) I ran the stock 6.5 clarions off the HU and ran the eclipses and MTX's off the kenwood. This system hit so nice. mainly because of the car it was in. One time i went to jiffy lube and the dude there says, so your the lil geo that bumbs everywhere. I sold all of it for $300 because of some family problems. i've had a couple little systems since then, but none even close to that one. now once again i am starting over and have purchased 2 12" cvx's and currently looking for an amp.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8198
1.Adrinline (not sure on model number)
2.P.Miller subs
3.Ava
4.L7
5.Cmpx

Those are not the only 1's i have owned just one's i have had in my ride....

Silver Member
Username: Halter

Paulding, Ohio

Post Number: 152
well I got into Highschool and all my buddies and myself was getting jobs and our Rides..well..my best friend and I got ext cab trucks..and he bought 2 12" fusion powerplants and a A-bahn A8002T and we built a box and it slammed.. well I had a truck before him soo we put it in my truck for like 5 days...well then after we took it out I was sad..lol...soo... 3 months later when I had enough saved I bought myself a 1 15" Memphis Mojo.. and a Hifonics 1606D Brutus amp I think thats the right number..lol..but and thats what I am rolling around with now...

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 593
my short history but hopefully will grow as i do lol...only 17(almost 18 in 13 days)
i got my first car from my uncles car dealership when i was 15 didnt have beginers yet, and it had a system in it from previous owner, first time we went to check it out i played a young buck cd on it with my uncle driving b/c a-i had no license b-couldnt drive standard at the time . and man i thought the hatch was gunna fall off, i was sold... the system was a blaupunkt austin cd41 h/u,nakimichi front speakers,blaupunkt 6x9's, ran off a PA 4 channel gothic series amp, and a mmats pro series 12 in a bandpass enclosure(custom the owner got it made somewhere) ran off a PA 2 channel amp (gothic series) brigdes @2ohms (yes it got hot but didnt go into protect lol)...so long story short i got into an accident gunna sell car still trying to find factory side skirt for passsenger side (taking out sub and sub amp(to use for 6x9's) to give to my brother when he gets a car) so i got a truck 1987 s10 and heres the system i got in there now...
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2403522

Silver Member
Username: Halter

Paulding, Ohio

Post Number: 153
and by the way Troy...My box is soo stuffed into my ext cab dakota..that..no one is going to steal this shtuff without either busting a nut trying to get it out or cutting the box inhalf...lol... 2 mojos would slam man...a guy rolling around here around my home town..has 4 mojos 15s in a dodge darango...lol..he drives around with ear plugs...lol

Username: Allstar13

Post Number: 2
1.2 Pioneer 10s with a kenwood amp
2.2 sony xplode 12s(4 sale) same amp^
3.2 kicker comp(pos) with crap amp
4.2 cerwin vega vmax 12.4(4 sale) with planet audio 900d amp(can be 4 sale)
5.2 kicker CVX 12.4 same amp^ it bumps and sounds pretty good

if u r interested in any of those items just say so and i will post prices, pics and specs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us