I'm back...With good news...

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1531
Got rid of Verizon DSL, and got Comcast Cable Internet...

But that's not the best part...I got my ported enclosure built, and put in, as well as I installed my A6004T (that was fun...).

I posted a video of it on myspace, and I'll post the link to it ASAP. It was done at night, with Ridin' by Chamillionaire, so it's A. Not ALL THAT powerful sounding (until the end), and B. Hard to see...But it gets the point across...

Let's just say while going down Main Street in my town it's easy to set off 2-3 car alarms hehehe...

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 1136
damn i was wondering what happened to you. That would be with 2 assassins if i remember correctly?

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1532
Yea...I'm waiting for MySpace to finish processing it, and I'll put it up...

Gold Member

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 1137
why dont you go film another video now in the day time?

Silver Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 195
what size assasins?

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1533
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&n=2&videoID=9448805 99

There's the video...I borrowed the Digital Camcorder from a friend of mine...Oh yea, you'll hear me be "enthusiastic" about the car remote...The reason the mids and treble drop is because an ambulance go up the street at that time and I put the HU in attention mode...but the bass is still heavy at that time...

I no longer have the camcorder...

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1534
12" Assassins...

About my ported box...You all know that the slot port generally makes an "L" shape inside the enclosure...Well, when I put the box together, I forgot to put the longer portion of the "L" in (the part that makes the inside walls of the port. Instead I ended up using the short part of the "L" shape as the entire port...I don't know what it's tuned to...But it has the depth of a sealed enclosure (sound), but the SPL of a ported enclosure. Not sure on the type of enclosure you'd classify it as, but it sounds really good...

Silver Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 197
What do u think would have better spl 2 12" assasins or 2 12" CVR's

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1535
Good question...My friend has 2 ported CVR 12's, and his have limited excursion compared to mine (they're really bad sounding on songs with the inverted excursion).

My system is louder with better SQ. But I've wondered if maybe his box is too small even though the install shop around here built it for CVR's...

But from what I've seen the Assassins can stomp on CVR's especially on the lowest of frequencies...

Silver Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 199
cause im looking for a cheap setup. and im thinkin about gettin a audiobahn an audiobahn 8000t or 8000v and i was gunna get two 12" cvr's. but the assasins are about the same price so idk. any other opinions. And how do u like your 8000t? And what voice coil config. does it have?

Silver Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 200
And u say u can set off car alarms?

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1536
I have...Often when playing Patron by Yung Joc. It depends on how you end up building your enclosure too...But the lows they produce are for lack of a better word "sick". Especially for the price and being 12's. AA seems to have an all around good batch of woofers out at this time...

Silver Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 203
what is the voic coil config. on those subs?

Gold Member

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 1142
tyler- whats the port length on that box? you know? and the volume of the box

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 441
single 4ohm

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 442
oh and your vid isnt working put it on reo

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1538
I've got the specs. on the box SOMEWHERE...

I'll have to measure tomorrow or something. The volume is ~4Cu. Ft. total. The VC config is 4 Ohm SVC. Works GREAT with an A8000T.

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1450
vid looked sweet. mice system

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 2011
nice, man i really want to hear some assassins so i can compare them to my atlas's. by the sounds of it they should be very similar to each other.

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1540
Just bumping this up here so I can put my RoE link on later...Whenever the video gets posted...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us