#2: A4004T running 50 x 4 at 4ohm

Silver Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 416
what do you mean?

Username: Phantomlord2k

Post Number: 10
What size power cables will be needed? Do I need a dist block or something else to power them both? If I have a 0/1 coming from the battery, do I still need 0/1 for the amps or will 4 work?

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 2582
4awg and 8awg would be fine

if u get a distro, run a 1/0 from batt, that splits into 2 4awg to amps

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
What would the good/bad be between running a 0 gauge from battery to distro and 4 gauge to amps or running 2 4 gauge from battery to each amp? I currently have a 4 gauge running from battery to old amp right now, that's why I'm asking. Don't want to spend extra money if I don't need to. Thanks everyone!

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 2587
less money spent on wires

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 736
0/1 will cost more, you will only need a little amount, if ur gunna run the distro block. but if you run 2 4 guage wires, it might be the same price, cause if you do that, you wont have to buy a distro block....

Bronze Member
Username: Poremski1628

Post Number: 26
if you have four gauge running to the amp now instead of replacing it keep the four gauge run it to this distribution block http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KNF-12 and run a four and an eight out of the distribution block. That block comes with different settings so you can run 4 in and an 8 and a 4 out thats what i have now

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 2603
no. run a 1/0 to the distro block. and then run 2 4's to the amps.

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 785
i would rather do the distro block. it will be easier to hook up the battery, than tryin to do 2 4awg. lolllll. scratch what i said before.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
I think I've decided to do the 0 from battery to dist block and then 2 4's to the amps. I already have plenty of 4 from my current setup to go to the amps. What's the best way to wire the remote turn on for 2 amps? Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 919
I'd just go straight to the 1st amp's terminal, and from there to the 2nd. No need to use a relay for just 2 amps.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Sorry for so many questions, but I just thought of something while shopping for the dist block. What size fuses should I use in the dist block and coming off the battery?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us