my other thread wuz archived it was only 2days old 2

amps
1) Orion 2500D
2) Orion 400

drivers
2) Treo Tsx 15's
2) 8" subs (200rms) under 200$ ea suggestions
1) Comps with silk tweeters suggestions under 300

i wanted a second alt so i dont have to even mess with original stuff that old wire is so chewed up an the fuse box is just tacked together 2.... so i want a 160 amp alt dedicated to audio equpment..... runnin to 1 or 2 batts in the rear.....

how big a wire will 2/0 work
an the 2500 has 2 power supplies right so whut size does it need

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 1119
you will need a bigger alt than 160.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2493
you'll need about a 250-300 amp alternator for that. thoes amps suck lots of power!! that'd be cool if you could go with a completely seperate electrical system so to say for the audio equiptment.

i think it takes 2 4 gauge inputs for +12 and Ground. i'd run 1/0 to the back and split it with a dist block.

why the 8 inchers too though??

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1345
yeah the orion 2500 have two power suplys pullin around 150-180 amps from the alternator u will need a 300 amp,kinetik batteries to help voltage drops

Silver Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 341
wait so killer ur thinking of running two alts, am i understanding that right? If you could get 2/0 gauge then have it go into a 2 1/0 gauge going into the power supplys that would for sure get it the power it needs.

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1033
wow......honestly thats how much current i thought i would suck round 300amps...... but i looked sumwhere an i saw that a 3500watt system needed like a 160 or so alt..... so i was guessin that would be straight guess not......

the 8" subs are realy for when i dont want to b loud all the time..... like when i ridin wit my gurl or just want to downplay my stuff like i only got 2 8's or something......an realy for wow factor........lastly the system i have now.....2 MB quart 15's off Raa-1000 with 1 sony 5.25 in the floor sucks bad..... i need a strong frontstage for those treos......n with 2500rms in the rear u aint gonna be able to hear much bass respone upfront......it sounds very lacking now n i dont like it

wow 300 amp alt......chit any1 got a used 1 LOL

c im def. not sending that much current through stock wiring.....an it would simplify the setup an be more practical......all the current is going to the system nothing else

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1352
because they have 2 power suplyss and they act like if it were 2 orion 1200d but it will take around 180-200 amps if u run the orion at 1 ohm

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2503
they basically are 2 Orion 1200D's in the same caseing i think.

theres plenty of systems out there without HO Alts. you'll run into all kinds of problems down the road, but at first it'll seem great, lol. you'll spend less int he long run if you go ahead and upgrade it all now.

that bronco with 6 13W7's and 6 1000/1's and more amps for components..ect...ect... i've mentioned on here before has an all stock electrical system, and like 9 yellow tops...hes got all kinds of problems now...dying batteries and frying alternators...last i heard he was looking for a HO Alt, lol.

what kind of car is all that going in?? if its an import, man good luck finding anything over 200 amps and theres no room for a second alt at all!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1035
he he he IMPORT ROFL LMAO LOL.........heck no far from it

http://www.torinocobra.com/guest_htm/travis_johnson.htm

Bronze Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 44
Nice car. My aunt has a 1970 something barracuda its jet black with harley davidson pinstripes. and a huge as oldschool police engine. dont ask how big cause i have no idea.I just know that its loud and fast. lol

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2517
nice, you should have plenty of room to do whatever you want then, lol. i know in my honda there isn't room for shi t!! although i am about to fit a second yellow top under there just for the heck of it.

i love older cars, but gas and reliability can be a killer when you drive as much as i do. used to have a 65 chevy C-10, brother's got a 69 firebird.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1040
realiablity is killin me the transmission died 3 times

first its cuz it was just bad reverse went out.....

second got a trans from a freind worked but it the linkage was wrong..... then the transmsisson man didnt even know whut waz going on.....

now its dead again this time im getting it rebuilt an the transmission came out another torino with column shift so it should work

y put the battery under the hood why not the rear.....dumb kids will think ur fast when u do that..,.....plus it will save room

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2526
lucky us my uncle does transmission work. he did the one in my truck and my brother's car.

i don't want anything else in the trunk, i'd rather keep it up front. dumb kids don't even get to see or hear my system, lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1049
o.......lol.......i saw 1 kid who though it was so cool 2 see sumeones tach....jump cuz the motor had a rough idle....it does take much to impress slow people

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2529
you'd be supprised what the general public will believe and be amazed by, lol.

you ever see any of Penn and Teller's Bullsh*t?? comes on Showtime and they got like 3 seasons out. great stuff.

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1543
Hrmmm, my alt is 130A stock...And between my two Audiobahn amps I'm running about ~1100-1200W RMS...But yet, I don't have a dimming problem unless idling and playing at full potential...

That's probably why I've held off on getting a H/O alt, because my stock is pretty beefy for a car (2002 Cougar). It gets full charge at around 1800-2000RPM too, so it's not as if I have to be accelerating a lot to hit it either...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us