1 12' w7 vs two kicker 12' l7

Bronze Member
Username: Sunnyice

Post Number: 15
hi guys. which would be a good setup? 1 12' w7 vs two kicker 12' l7?? i want sq but i want decent spl as well.. thanks in advance

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 699
the w7 will give you sq, and also get really loud. the L7s dont really have any sq, but will get really loud too.
2 12s is going to be louder than the 1 12 obviously, but if you want any sq, then get the w7.

if i had the money, i would DEFinantly go with the w7. its a much much better sub!

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2487
the L7's can sound good, just takes some skill on the install. kicker has won many SQ competitions.

for a single sub, the W7's are killer. also, JL's build quality can't be beat imo.

just from surface area alone, the L7's will be louder...your talking twice the cone area vs. the 12W7...

the W7 will have the best of both worlds, but are you only choosing between thoes two subs, or are you willing to take a look at other brands??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
i can choose other brands too, cause im looking for both sq and spl, probably more sq. i was supposed to get two 12 l7's. but after reading this forums, i found out that a lot of you guys think that the l7 is crap.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
and one more thing, which is better? the pro wedge box or the high output box?

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2491
L7's aren't crap, they just aren't that great. i've never been a kicker fan either. i've actually had an all JL Audio system before.

the High Output boxes are really nice if you can fit one in your car. the Pro Wedge boxes are just sealed boxes, nothing special.

some other brands to look at would be Treo, Ascendant Audio, Image Dynamics, Sound Splinter, Crystal...all make great subs which are up to par with W7's.

Username: _jw_

OH

Post Number: 8
WHAT!! L's does have good SQ,its just that people put them in big @ss ported boxes and expect the to keep up with a W7 and thats a no no. If you want the most SQL you should look into the Kicker CVXs

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1348
u all are right except the surface are, the surface is not a big fact how the subwoofer will get loud,

2 12's with 15mm of xmax will move the same air as 1 12 with 20mm of xmax

so i think the 13w7 have 32mm of xmax

the l7's are like around 16.5mm to be exact on the 12's

so yeah the jl audio for me in the right box will be louder than 3 12's l7in a daily driver set up, im talkin about the jl audio 13w7.

if u want some of the best get the 12w7 in a ho box.

cone surface is not a big fact is how the woofer will move the air.

cone surface,xmax, fs, and the bl(how strong is the magnet) can tell you if the woofer can move.

if the spl depends on the cone surface why a single re audio mt in a good ported box can kill 4 15's audio pipes subwoofer, like 10 pyramid 15's woofer???

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
yep, i think il go with the w7, but what if i want two w7's? is there a ho box for it or i have to make a custom box?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1350
no theres is no ho box for 2 w7 only for jl audio subs w7 on 8,10 and 12 inch models all of them are single woofer

Username: _jw_

OH

Post Number: 9
dude you can get something just as good if not better than a W7 for cheaper,but it your money get whatever you want :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us