Just bought (5) 12" W6v2's for $1000, turned and sold them for 1650, need to order new subs. Looking into getting (4) 12" Type X's. More info in thread

Bronze Member
Username: Thebufromnc

Rockwell, NC

Post Number: 65
reason i sold the v2's is because didnt want that much in the car.. the v2's need more power to get them at the peak porformance. well anyways i have a Viper 1200.1d, that pushes 1200 watts rms at 1ohm, also viper is known to be under rated and it supposively able to push 1400rms, not to sure...but would it be possible, to bridge another amp to my Viper, like a kicker amp that holds 1ohm also to push 4 Type R's to reach like 2000watts rms, and if so what kicker amp would be good to bridge to my Viper 1200.1d...or should i just get another 1200.1d from ebay. PLEASE HELP

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8511
isnt those JLs rated @ 400wrms & u say it needs more power ??

& now ur getting 4 X = 1000wrms each ???

something is not adding up here .......

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1064
i'm with rovin^

to get w6 at peak 500-550w would be good, which would be alot less than 4 type x's, and the w6 would be alot better both in sq and spl imo.

Bronze Member

Rockwell, NC

Post Number: 66
my bad, was looking at the type x's as i was writing, but i meant to put type r's, my fault. I know that type r's are rated at 500rms, and JL's at 400rms, but the JL's can push about 650 rms i believe, (from what i heard) and from what people told me on the forum, Type R's go to crap when they go over 500rms, and also...with 4 type r's would i need more than a 200amp alt. just another question i thought of

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1065
"and from what people told me on the forum, Type R's go to crap when they go over 500rms"

what forum was this? when i first got here i had a pair and was told, thanks again rovin, to give them more than 500w and i did and was alot happier with them (i put them on a kicker 1200.1)but if giving both a w6 and r 600w, the w6 would still be better sub.

Bronze Member

Rockwell, NC

Post Number: 67
yeah, but i didnt have the money for the amp for the W6's. and making 650 off of it in a day was a good deal, i thought. It wasnt that long ago someone told me that about the R's, but can someone help me on the questions i asked. would be greatly appreciated.

Bronze Member

Rockwell, NC

Post Number: 68
have a little beer goggle problem to... and meant to put (4) 10" type r's not 12's. my bad guys. i havent bought the subs yet, and need another opinion, trying to get the cheapest route. i got 2 RF stage 3 10's D4, and do you think i should keep the two 10's and get two more or sell them and get just 2 Power Series Stage 1 RF subs. Okay so in everyones opinion what would be better with the cheapest route in mind...also trying not to get a new alt, as i already got a 200amp alt.

(4) 10" Type R's Dual 4 with two Directed Audio Viper 1200.1d

Buy (2) more 10" Rockford Fosgate Punch Series Stage 3 Dual 4 with the (2) Viper 1200.1d

or

Just (2) 12" Rockford Fosgate Power Series Stage 1 with the one Viper 1200.1d... wouldnt need another amp cause i would only want 600rms going to each of the (2) T1's.

I know i jumped around on trying to ask questions, but i cant make up my mind. never had the idea of spending this much money on car audio. Im also looking for SPL.

Sorry for the mistakes guys. Im very confusing someytimes

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8515
alot of ppl on this forum has 2 12s type R 1242D running off a single kicker kx1200 amp (1200wrms but ppl reported that its birthsheet says 1300-1400 sometimes) & their system is running fine , 600wrms each is safe .

I have my 2 Rs right now running off a power acoustik 2100wrms amp (ya its overated) but it handles perfectly & almost full volume no problem....

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8516
ppl on this forum will prolly say get 2 of these

http://ascendantaudio.com/products.html

arsenals 12s & maybe a phoenix gold xenon 1200 amp .....

Bronze Member

Rockwell, NC

Post Number: 70
yeah i was just looking at them before you wrote that. I never heard the Ascendant line up yet, but with those options i put up there, what would you go with in your opinion. im leaning on just geting 2 more Stage 3's and another amp. i can pick up 2 stage 3's for like 350, and then another Viper 1200.1d for like 200... so thats like 550 total. and have 1100 left over to spare, leaving me with 2 more subs another amp and 100 bucks to go get PIE AND CHIPS. lol. Gieco commercial i just was watchin. but do you think that would be the best route for me to go. Not really want to go with the arsenals...

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8518
ppl on this forum say P3 sux as u will def see in posts 2 come
- i dunno never heard a P3 but heard p1/p2 = kinda weak 4 my taste , heard a T2 12" which i liked .

u could prolly go wit 4 10s Rs & another viper since u said u wanna go cheap ....

Bronze Member

Rockwell, NC

Post Number: 71
there not all that bad, mostly people here say they heard the P1 and P2's, and i agree with them. I first had two P1's that i got for 90 bucks, buy one get one free...not bad of a sub for 2 for 90, the p2's arnt that much better, but then the P3 adds some more excitment. I like the Stage 3...they can keep up with other subs...but i take in other people's opinions and actually listen. Im not stuck on one brand...im willing to explore...Im from a small area in North Carolina, USA and i got the loudest system around. People here got the Type S's and Type r's...the JL W3's..not to many people got good subs. Friend of mine though has two 15" Kicker Comp VR's and my 10's hit harder than his 2 15's. He's got the same kind of amp i do and i hit harder and louder. It kinda cool though. but i should go with the 4 type r's. How much would it cost to get 4 r's cause the Viper amp is like 200 plus shipping. 2 more p3's would be like 350... could i get 4 type r's cheaper than 350? i appreciate the help man

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1068
cheapest i seen 10" r is at carstereoexpo.com, bout $94 each.

Bronze Member

Rockwell, NC

Post Number: 72
so i guess just get the 2 more P3', you ever heard the Stage 3's ctmike..whats your opinion on them

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1069
can't say for sure. i know a couple people that have bought rf subs from bb and all told me that the ones they bought were the most expensive ones bb had. if they were stage 3 then i wasn't to impressed. i'd get the r or arsenal over them anyday.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us