Elemental designs subs?

Silver Member
Username: Stamant

Pensacola, FL USA

Post Number: 202
How do the elemental design subs compare to other subs such as the arsenals and rl-ps. ED has a group buy going on now selling the 16Ov.2 D4 for $165. http://www.edesignaudio.com/catalog/shopping_cart.php. Has anyone heard these subs?

Silver Member

Pensacola, FL USA

Post Number: 203
Sorry the link did not work. Anyways, what do you guys think?

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1273
i have 4 of the 16Ov.2s that i just installed this week with 2 ED NINe.1s. its in a 10cuft after displacement box with 126sq inches of port tuned to 35hz and im hitting 153.8dB on the dash with my gains at 1/3. the sq is good but in my case its a little sloppy because its a single chambered box if you were to do individual chambers im sure they would sound great.

theres nothing out there 15s wise thats better for $165. i would hurry up and get them if your seriously interested. i ordered mine a few weeks back and they were almost out.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4337
how did i know you were going to post on this thread jake.

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1274
haha im thinking about getting 2 more...shh.

Silver Member

Pensacola, FL USA

Post Number: 204
Jake, I have an ED NINe.1 also to power the subs. I will not be able to put them in a ported box due to space limitations. Do you think they will still sound good sealed? Anyone else heard the ov's 12s or 15s?

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1275
6 15s in an everyday driver would be pretty crazy....eh someone talk me into it.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4340
you are insane man. just keep it down okay? lol.

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1276
i havent heard them sealed so i really cant comment on that. sorry man.

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 1114
why would you want 2 more?? since its an everyday driver you arent going for SPL and i know for a fact your not going to be driving around listening to it full blast at 153 db. so i dont think there is a point to getting 2 more cuz it will get very loud when you want to already. but hey, its up to you!

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 116
get 2 more you pu$$y go for 160 decibels haha

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 630
cmon sissy, go with 6, ive got 6 and its too quiet, cmon cmon cmon, then post pics and videos

Bronze Member
Username: Sofakingcool2007

Post Number: 52
jake, knowing you live in stl also.. like chad said, keep it down if your gonna run 6 15's lol.. well there is a guy at audio express on lindbergh who has 6 T2's and hits 170db.. kinda OT for this thread but its insane how loud his SUV is.

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1277
haha yeah i know who your talking about i think isnt his name matt? maybe not. if i do 6 it will be more for show than anything. i rarely play my music loud and i always turn down at stoplights and such.

i was actually at audio express today..i wanted like 2 feet of 1/0 wire and they wanted to charge me 25 bucks. i laughed. 12.50 a foot is a great deal.....

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1067
the Ov.2's are ok but nothing great. Not a great low end on them and it'll show at high volumes on rock and alternative music. I have a 16ov.2 in a small ported (2.2cu ft tuned to 28hz off 600rms) and it in a sealed(1.5cu ft off 900rms)box and my Stereo Integrity Mag 12 in a sealed 1.65cu ft box off 1200rms outdid both of them on the mic and had better SQ. While the price is cheap there are better subs out there. I would look into Stereo Integrity or Soundsplinter. The SS sub will have similar characteristics to the Ov.2 but have a better low end emphasis, the Mag will just be better than the Ov.2 period.

Silver Member

Pensacola, FL USA

Post Number: 206
Thanks alter, the thing that is drawing me to the OV.2 is the price. $165 for their 15". I would love to have a mag but they are too expensive for me. Do you think two 12" ss subs ported would be best for me. I listen mostly to rock and fast bass drums or two 15s sealed? What do you think.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us