How much is MDF?

Silver Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 174
How much is MDF cause im plannin on building a box for 2 12" Kicker CVR but im making two single boxes to put on each side then im gunna make a amp rack thing between the two of the boxes out of plywood or sumthing. But how much do u think it would cost for the wood and stuff for the 2 boxes?

Bronze Member
Username: Blazerboy

Post Number: 73
MDF is roughly $22 a sheet (4 by 8) and that should be pleanty for your box. Then get some drywall screws and liquid nails and u will be done for about $30, not including carpeting.

Silver Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 175
would that be enough for the 2 boxes or just one?
the outside dimensions of one of the box is 12.5" high, 16" Wide, and 19 7/16" deep.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
Well I made a box that held 2 subs, so toal about teh same as yours, and i had nearly a half sheet left. So yea im sure you could make both with 1 sheet.

Silver Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 176
aight thanks. i dont think im gunna put carpeting on cause i dont know how i think im just gunna spray paint it. Is puttin carpet on easy?

Silver Member
Username: Halter

Paulding, Ohio

Post Number: 140
depends on the carpet u want on it....I got some real heavy blanket marterial for mine from Johan Fab. and I spray glued that stuff on...I mean it feels soft and stuff and looks decent..for 10 minute job...but its hard to cut and hit the seems....thats what I use

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
Yea, its not the easiest thing to cus but can be done. I did mine in about 1/2 hour with the carpeting and some spray adhesive.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us