OT: 17's

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 1109
Will 17 inch rims fit on my 1991 Honda Accord? It there like a website that I can reference? The stock ones that are on there right now are 15" and it doesn't seem like there is much more clearance. I don't know much about cars. But I know plenty about car audio! :P Thanks guys!

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1023
do this if u look at ur tire it should have a code on it that says sumthin Like 235/55/15 or so

okay if that middle number is above 35 (which is should) u will def be able to put 17's on it

u just get a thinner sidewall so it will fit thats all

im pretty sure it will work though

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1110
Ok sweet, I have 60Rs right now. So I should be good right? Thanks a lot man!

Silver Member
Username: Teddy21

Ann Arbor, MI USA

Post Number: 147
yeah you can probably fit 18's if your careful turning, look up plus sizing on google it should help you out in getting a tire that fits right.

Im thinking 205/40/17 should do fine or maybe 215/40/17

Silver Member
Username: Teddy21

Ann Arbor, MI USA

Post Number: 148
oh yeah, go to www.rim1.com they have some great deals on Motegi rims with Toyo tires on em!!

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1027
heck yeah like the man above said u could do 18s if u want

hears the trick to find out

take the first number which is the width in MM

divide that by 26.4 now its inches

okay then the second number is the called aspect ratio (basically how thick ur sidewall is/ relative to width) so if it was 50 thats 1/2 of the width of ur tire

then multipy that by 2

then the last number which is the rim size add that to all of whut u did an u have the hieght of ur tire

stay close to the same height when u get a new rim so i can fit an wont lead to premautre brake failure

there is also no need to buy the most expensive tire u can find so no need for perreli or anything expensive since u just plan on driving i would go to pep boys tell them the size u need an thats it around 400$ for 4 tires

i payed 500 for all four of my tires an i have 18's n 20's on my car.....

o anutha thing dont go super thin on the sidewall if u live a round potholes thats y i got thick tires on mine.... an it rides very well

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 1362
i had a 1994 honda accord with 17 inch rims so im guessing itll fit on ur 1991 honda accord....

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1111
Ok awesome thansk for all your help guys! You rock!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us