Quick question : please help

Username: Pioshark

Post Number: 4
I have a 2-channel amp when bridged at 4 ohms is 300x1 RMS. 2 ohms its rated at 150x2 RMS. Am I better off buying a 4 ohm SVC sub rated at 300 RMS?
If I buy a 4 ohm DVC sub, can it be wired to a bridged 4 ohm channel, or does a 4 ohm DVC HAVE TO be wired to create a 2 ohm load?? Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2411
a SVC 4 ohm woofer = 4 ohm load

a 4 ohm DVC sub = 2 or 8 ohm load

www.the12volt.com - then go to woofer wiring on the left

A DVC 4 ohm sub HAS to be wired to a 2 ohm load

wut amp do u got?
wut sub?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8061
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2414
he must be lazy C brown

Post Number: 7
hey bassman thanks for replay, I have a Kenwood S726 2-channel 600W amp.. 150Wx2 rms at 2 ohms, and 300x1 rms bridged at 4 ohms

I have some older rockford dvc's rated at 400rms.. was looking for a better sub to match my amp (how bad is underpowering subs anyways.. I hear mixed things).. what sub would u recommend for a 12" to go into a truck?

Post Number: 8
hey bassman thanks for replay, I have a Kenwood S726 2-channel 600W amp.. 150Wx2 rms at 2 ohms, and 300x1 rms bridged at 4 ohms

I have some older rockford dvc's rated at 400rms.. was looking for a better sub to match my amp (how bad is underpowering subs anyways.. I hear mixed things).. what sub would u recommend for a 12" to go into a truck?

One other wiring question..if I was using the amp above and hooking up one DVC sub, there would be no way to get the 300wrms to the sub, because it has to be 2 ohm stable and the amp puts out 150x2 at 2 ohms (i.e. is the 150x2 for both voice coils in one, or two seperate subs?)

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2426
kenwood amps are not very good amps. they are overrated as far as watts.

if ur subs are rated @ 400 watts rms -- you want to give them 400 rms and giving them 300 (prolly around 250) wont harm anything. unless ur amp is clippin or sumthin

if you had a DVC 2 ohm sub -- you could wire to a 4 ohm load = 300 rms to the sub

the 150 x 2 refers to that it would do 150 watts each channel of the amp

i would change ur whole set-up if i were u, it wouldnt be expensive and would sound wayyyy better and satisfy you. the RF sub and that amp, wouldnt do much at all

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2427
is that the RF P2?

if you wanted to i guess you could keep the sub, but ditch the amp. (i dont like RF subs)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us