3 subs 1 amp????

Username: Ddnutzbootleg

Post Number: 2
can you wire 3 subs to one amp?

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 444
Depends on the VC config and what ohms the amp is stable at. What subs are u wiring? and to wat amp?

Post Number: 3
right now i have 2 alpine type x subs and a Orion 2500D and i blew one of them today and im either going to get 1 more sub or 2 more but i dont want to get another amp i was hoping i could jsut wire tehm all to teh Orion im not sure what subs i want to get this jsut happen today and i usually look around for a while

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 447
Well it could be done. are they all Dual 4ohm?

Post Number: 4
the type x is im not sure what other sub or subs i want to get now? i have to look around for a while

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 1406
Ya just make sure the ohm load of subs= tha ohm load to amp. Use an online calculator if u dont know how.

the12volt.com

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2622
I would use the 2 type x only, the ohm load is perfect fot the 2500d, if you get to 3 dual 4, the best you can wire that up to is 2.66 ohms and therefore not using full potential of amp....

Silver Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 272
how did u blow that type X they can take upto 2000wattsrms and your amps only 2500the only way i can see if u never worked it in when it was brand new and cranked the amp on one sub cause if u had 2 and cranked the amp no way they would blow
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us