Box plan for 2 cvr 12's

Bronze Member
Username: Zyraell

Conway , Arkansas USA

Post Number: 15
I just got back in town and couldn't respond to you guys who posted in my other thread about this, but I did try to take your advice and devised a box plan for those 2 subs. If you guys don't mind please take a look and tell me if you agree, or if I should change something(feel free to tell me what) . Anyways here it is. http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=30&Eh=36&Dia=6&Xmax=11.5&V d=2.5&NumW=2&Vb=4&Fb=24&Qts=0.527&Vas=95.37&Fs=26.1&CE=0

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 644
that is extremely fu*king wrong. lol

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 647
woofer xmax should be 12.64
driver displacement should be .07065.

only use option one on the right, u dont need option 2

Bronze Member

Conway , Arkansas USA

Post Number: 16
Heh like I said feel free to correct what I did wrong. First time doing this and I don't know sh*t about this lol.

Bronze Member

Conway , Arkansas USA

Post Number: 17
Ok made your changes Steve. How's it look now? http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=30&Eh=36&Dia=6&Xmax=12.64& Vd=.07065&NumW=2&Vb=4&Fb=24&Qts=&Vas=&Fs=&CE=0 .

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 648
lol well ur box plans say the box is 36 inches tall lol. u need to make the box 14.5 inches tall for the height.

can u make ur box any wider too? i would make it like 36 inches wide if you can.

also, are u lookin for a lot of sq, or a lot of loudness. or are you leaning more towards the middle or what?

Bronze Member

Conway , Arkansas USA

Post Number: 18
Height and width I'm not totally sure on yet(will know tommorow. Basically this is a rough draft for what it's going to be. It's going to go in a 01 dodge ran ext. cab. I'm going to take the seat out of it. A friend who is a cabinet builder is going to be helping me construct it, and we are going to measure the truck tommorow. He has great woodworking skills, just he doesn't know acoustics for designing a speaker box(so thats fallen on me, which I want to learn anyways). As far as loudness and SQ goes I guess I wanna stay in the middle. If I play music with alot of booming bass I'll want to be loud. If I put in some hard rock like lets say Tool, or Slipknot I wanna be loud also lol.

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 654
then you definantly want ur subs to be tuned higher. 24 for the tuning, is gunna make ur subs have more sq, but a lot less spl.

tune the box to 32, and keep it at 4 cubes. the height should be around 14 - 15, because the subs are only 12s. u know what im saying right?

what amp are u going to be using for these cvrs? with my amp slipknot gets pretty loud. if its not loud enough on stuff like slipknot, u can just adjust the bass on the cd player.

but with rap, it will be plenty loud.

Bronze Member

Conway , Arkansas USA

Post Number: 19
Audiobahn A800v wired at 2 ohms. I got a great deal on a new one. $105.00. Yeah I know what your saying about the height. As far as the amp goes I plan on upgrading soon to a Kicker amp. Gonna use this in the mean time just to get the system up and running. Heh sometimes I wish I had a mustang or some other type of hatch back and could use a factory kicker box and still look good. Doing a custom box has been alittle harder then I expected, but more rewarding I hope.

Bronze Member
Username: Volsrule2069

Post Number: 63
hey im looking to get 2 12 cvr's too. this box builder thing is sweet i didnt know they had these. how do you know what to tune it too?

Bronze Member

Conway , Arkansas USA

Post Number: 20
Brooks basically I was pretty much guessing on what to tune it to. The manual that comes with the subs tells you what they are capable of. Other then that. I got know f*king clue lol.

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 1403
Brookz usually itz good to tune ur box from 30hz to 35hz IMO, 30hz for sq and clean bass, 35hz for more spl and less sq, 32hz-33hz for sql best mixture tuning IMO.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
Alright that sounds good thanks for the help guys. I think ill prob go around 33-34 from what your say TJ

Gold Member
Username: Alex_f

Near lexington, Ky Us

Post Number: 1151
ill make it for you......it would save a lot of time......

Bronze Member
Username: Moheevi

Post Number: 95
ATF would you make me a box? im getting 2 12" cvx's

Bronze Member

Conway , Arkansas USA

Post Number: 21
One quick question guys. From the plan that Steven Norris helped me with, the box won't fit in my truck because it is to wide. Would be ok if I made the box taller, and less wide, but with the same amount of air space?

Bronze Member

Conway , Arkansas USA

Post Number: 22
Also I'm wondering if I should put in a divider between the 2 subs. Thanks guys.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
time out. im doin the same project here. would the net box volume be the equivelant volume times the number of subs? where did u get 4.5 with 2 subs? shouldnt it be like 6.65?

Bronze Member

Conway , Arkansas USA

Post Number: 23
Here's what I'm going to be going with man. I'm not sure if it's perfectly right. Steven or maybe Bassman could tell me that probably, but I measured my truck this evening and I have 66 inches in width 19 inches of depth, and up to 30 inches of height to work with. http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=51&Eh=15&Dia=6&Xmax=12.64& Vd=.07065&NumW=2&Vb=4&Fb=32&Qts=0.561&Vas=&Fs=&CE=0 this is what I've come up with so far, and I hope it's correct. I'm a newb at this just like you man.

Bronze Member

Conway , Arkansas USA

Post Number: 24
Forgot to mention that this box is going into a 01 Dodge ram ext. cab.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
while ur looking at his mind looking at mine? hahah im doin the same project...hows this look?http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=40&Eh=15&Dia=6&Xmax=12.64& Vd=.07065&NumW=2&Vb=6.4&Fb=33&Qts=&Vas=&Fs=&CE=0

Bronze Member

Conway , Arkansas USA

Post Number: 25
It looks good to me man, but I'm no pro at this by far. In mine I'm thinking of putting a divider between the 2 subs, and making a port for both woofers. You must have a crew cab or something bigger then a truck that your going to put this in because thats a pretty deep box lol.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
i have a 1986 grand prix. i can fit 3 dead boddies in the trunk! hahah i just dont want to screw anything up makin the box

Bronze Member

Conway , Arkansas USA

Post Number: 26
DAMN!!!!!! Dude this is just a suggestion, but you might wanna consider just getting a factory made box from kicker for your 12's. They make them to specs for them from the factory, and since it's going in your truck noones probably going to see them a whole lot. But if your gonna go extravagant or just wanna say that you built your box when people ask you where you go it I understand that. If I had a car with a truck I would be mighty tempted to get a pre fabbed box, but in my truck companies only make downfire boxes for a set of 10's so I have to do a custom job.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
well idk i dont wannna go prefab kinda scares me. plus itll be fun and good expierience to make my own box. and check it out when im dont im gonna staple lepard skin fabric to the MDF so it doesnt look crappy. hahaha itll be sweet. are you puttin yours under the back row or what?

Bronze Member

Conway , Arkansas USA

Post Number: 27
Nope not going under the back seat. Taking it out completely. Noone sits back there anyways plus my girlfriend always complains that I pile sh*t up back there, so now she won't be able to say anything :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
hahaaah now your gonna have a bumpin system, the trucks gonna be clean, and the woman is gonna stop b!tchin, what more can u ask for?

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 677
brooks robinson...ur box up there is gigantic!!! im almost positive that a 6.3 cubic feeet box will fit in your trunk. remember that is before adding the port size. the ports add like an extra 1.5 cube feet or so, sometimes more sometimes less. my box is 4 cubic feet for my 2 12 cvrs, and it BARELy fits in my olds alero....i know ur trunk is bigger, but i dont think that much bigger. lol.

charles....ur box up there looks good. at least both of you guys have all the specs right. but its weird ur box is sooo wide lol. it will work good though. 32 is what my box is tuned to too. it sounds pretty good for them. but im getting rid of them...gotta make room for my new sub!!!

Bronze Member

Conway , Arkansas USA

Post Number: 28
My box is wide mainly for cosmetic reasons. I measured my truck yesterday and I had 66 inches of space to play with, so I designed it pretty wide. Got 1 last question for you Steven. Would if mess it up if I put a divider between the 2 subs, and cut ports for both subs?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
yea six cubic feet sounded huge i was wondering about that. alright ill adjust thanks

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 701
if you do that charles, just build two seperate boxes off that site, so the specs are still right. then you can just put the boxes next to eachother, and it will be ALOT easier to put in the car.

just change it to 1 subwoofer, and change it to 2 cubic feet. then change the width to 25.5 or whatever half will be.

height and everything else stays the same

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
this cant be right....look at this
http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=36&Eh=15&Dia=6&Xmax=12.64& Vd=.07065&NumW=2&Vb=4.447&Fb=33&Qts=&Vas=&Fs=&CE=0

whats wrong with it?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
it keeps going to deep also...it wont fit in my car if its 24 inches deep. my max deminsions are 36 wide x 18 deep x 15 high

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 704
i think that blue line is supposed to extend all the way out. but i dont know . that site does some wierd sh*IT. put in like 32 for width and 15 for heigth, then ur going to have to keep changing the CUBIC feet, to make it only 18 deep.

Bronze Member

Conway , Arkansas USA

Post Number: 29
Ok thanks for all your help Steven I really appreciate it man.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us