Noob questions

Bronze Member
Username: Nmlbasshead

Post Number: 11
Ok I have an amp where you can hook up a few together. I have two 12s run off it and was wondering a few things. If I was to put a 15 solo round in would it make it any louder??? I know it would get lower tones but would it hit harder? I wanted to run a second amp to this third speaker, could I hook it up off my first? Would I need to run a second power line for it? Im pretty new to this and im not sure how it all works!

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 419
Well if depends on the VC config of your subs. I would say stay with the 2 12s, b/c ive heard that mixing sizes of subs doesnt really sound good. i wouldnt try it man.

Bronze Member
Username: Nmlbasshead

Post Number: 12
ok thanks jordan, Ive never heard mixed subs, nor have I heard that it sounds bad. All I knew is that solo round sounded pretty nice and hit the nice lows my 12s didn't. I'd seen vids and pics with mixed subs so I thought it must be possible. If it's going to sound like garbage I'll stick with the 12s.

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 429
Well you could always try it, but you never know. I remember them saying sumthin bout the waves canceling or sumthin. But i could be wrong. The main problem is that it may drop your amp down to an ohm load under what it can run at, then your amp will shut off, or possibly mess up.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us