Audiocontrol V. Termlab whats the diff.

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1015
i was at a comp n people was hittin 148 and 152 left an right..... an that marshall white guy hit 138 or 148 can remeber on the TL

whuts the true diff... is it harder to hit higher numbers on TL than audiocontrol

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1259
audiocontrol mics usually are 2-4dB higher than TL mics. with my type Xs i hit 146.5 on a TL and 148.8 on a audiocontrol.

im not sure the exact number difference but the audio shop i go to has both and usually there around 2-4dB apart.

Bronze Member
Username: Sofakingcool2007

Post Number: 33
termlab is what the professional dB drag events use. Audiocontrol is more used by daily drivers systems curious about there peak SPL.

Bronze Member
Username: Sofakingcool2007

Post Number: 34
the audiocontrol EPIC-150 is one awesome device. it records and holds your highest SPL rating and it is also a type of equalizer that draws the maximum performance out of your subwoofers. I am looking into buying one myself

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 3916
TL's are more accurate

i have heard as high as 10db diff. on some older AC mic's as compared to the TL. dunno though

Gold Member

Post Number: 1020
all i know i want to get my new chit an shut these f@gs down round here

2500d + 2x 400 orion400
2 Treo TSX 15's
2 RLI 8's
some comps with silk tweets aint decided

but they measure at the kick..... what are some tips to improve score......

now i have 2 MB pwe 354 15's with raa-1000 an i think i coulda done 140 sumthin

Silver Member
Username: Quig

Pittsburgh, Pa Us

Post Number: 248
anyone gimme a website for TL or AC... i think ima buy one

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1060
http://www.termpro.com/

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3047
i highly recommend getting a TL if you plan on competing alot. having the 'truth' on hand while testing is pricless! (ex, a buddy of mine w/ 2 old solobaric 12's was only doing 142.2...w/ about a hour of testing w/ the same exact box i got him up to 145.1)

they are about $700 new. I got mine used (audio shop that went under) for $500...its like brand new, only used about 10 times.

yes, the TL is a "stiffer" meter than the old AC...i remember back when i was only hitting 135dB on the TL outlaw that i hit 138.6 on an AC
(TL #'s were outlaw style...AC was legal!)

What meter were they using at the comp you went to?

btw...i do 148's

Gold Member

Post Number: 1024
all i cant tell u it was audiocontrol i didnt right down the model or anything does it look diff between models or something cuz i migh b able to tell u

o n marshall u did 148 with 1 15" sx

the loudest thing there had 4 Crunch (yes Crunch) 10's in a big ported box in a van powered by Powerbass 3000 152.?

his wife used his amp an ran 1 12 (off brand chit) ported (at first i thought it was a treo box but nope) 148

that had me shaking outside the car it was cool

but darnnit my car transmission died again so time for a true rebuild...... i coulda hung wit dem guys at the comp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us