Kenwood

Username: 98auroradkm

Post Number: 8
I just bought a kenwood amp (KAC-9152). This is rated as an 1800 watt mono amp. Im using it to power two 800 watt subs. I was just wondering if Kenwood was a good amp choice, and if i should get a cap cuz i dont want any dimming or anything.

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 618
that amp is only 900rms, and it is overrated. im guessing your talking about two 800 watt max subs???? kenwood amps are not very good at all.

ur stock alternator should be fine with that amp though.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
No these subs are each 800 rms. I talked to a guy that works at the stereo shop and he told me this amp would power these subs really good.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3420
If you read the majority of the threads on this board you will see names like Kicker, Treo, JL, Memphis, Alpine, Zapco...that might be a good indication of what's popular because it's good equipment. Kenwood doesn't pop up often except to ask if it's good or how to repair it...

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1059
i'd never take their advice unless you know/trust them. their in the business to make money, not be your friend. and why ask for people's advice if you already bought them? and no you don't need a cap.

Username: Accordstereo1992

Grand Falls-Windsor, Newfoundland Canada

Post Number: 3
that amp is sweet, should power those subs wicket

Bronze Member
Username: Atllefty12

Pinellas, Fla.

Post Number: 20
No, you can't say that about kenwood at all. I had 2 12"s KFC-WPS1202D, powered by a KAC-X621 amp in my civic and it was more then great... I had it installed at the shop I bought it and I constantly had people coming up to me and mistaking my system for 2 15"'s... Your system can sound great Deuce, just have it installed by someone who knows what theyre doing.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Thanx for the input andrew, i planned to have it installed professionally this weekend. hopefully it'll bump.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us