Good System for around 3000$?

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 300
Ok i been getting qoutes on different setups and i found the most powerful one i found to be the earthquake setup, i hear they have good quality products. and the aps i have had before and i liked... i got pirces back for 2 of Earthquakes PH10000WD/1 http://www.earthquakesound.com/powerhouse_amplifiers.htm at bottom of that page and 1 of these 16 inch Earthquake Holees subwoofers http://www.earthquakesound.com/holees.htm
I have got a quote of about $2,800 total for the
(2) PH10000WD/2 and the (1) 16" Holees Sub
is that a good deal?? Fully authorized dealer along with 2 year warranty on all products... does that sound liek a deal for it BEING AUTHORIZED, because i kno the local sound shops around me want over 1000$ for each amp.. i would be getting them for about 750$ each... and the sub for about 1400$ i would be pushing about 6000-7000rms through the sub for my daily driving.... but either way i got i still need to add the extra drycells, 300amp HO ect... but those are on a different budget

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

Post Number: 108
go for it man those subs looks sweet and im sure they pound. make sure before you buy though lol u dont wanna be regretting a 2,800 dollar buy

Username: Shaf123

Post Number: 4
i found that 2 12" alpine 1222d subs and a MRD1005 1000 watt mono amp sounds good and i think that it is the cheapest way to go and it sounds great

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 208
no.

Go DD or Treo...
1-2 Treo SSX
1-2 DD 9915

You looking for SQ, SQL, SPL?

1 Earthquake PH10000WD/1 if your stuck on the earthquake amp....

Have fun trying to breathe

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 301
Im looking for the hardest hitting sub that i can find with exceptional SQ, i am going to try to get a local earthquake dealer to hookup one of these with 2 of the amps strapped togethor so i can get a sample of its power, i dont want somthing with good sq if it doesnt got alot of spl im more leaned towards spl over sq. but i dont want straight spl with crap for the quality like kicker and thought this would probally be best i dont mind spending the money on it if its good like it should be... you should hear this bass atleast 10 blocks away right?? my audioburns were heard about 6 blocks away.. before the amp fucked up

Silver Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 328
I run earthquake amps in my comp car and man are they insane. only thing even close is the old school orions. as far as that sub, i cant say ive ever heard one but it looks tight so id say go for it. Just make sure you build a crazy huge box for that sucker to pound in im sure you wont regret it.

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 302
Well i have a 99 blazer with plenty of room in the back... i think i might have to sacrafice my backseat for the 6-10 batterys ill need. Do your earthquake amps get hot? what model are they? I had a PHD10000w\2 before but it got hotter then a b!tch.. but i was running 1ohm, EQ told me it supports it but it really doesnt >.< so it fried up for the most part. but do they get hot... 140F+

Username: Maxsq

Post Number: 10
I would lean towards MMATS and use the JUGGERNAUT 15 One of my close friends is #6 in the US in SPL and uses these in a Honda Civic. With 2 it usually hits in around 163's with around 6000-7000 watts. It hurt my ears for a week. But if you have a brass pair and really want the bad a%# subs....Memphis LVS subs are monsters and will rip your nuts off.

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 303
I need to be able to keep space too.. thats why i am deciding on 1... i wont be able 2 fit 10 drycells in the back with 2 subs for sure...6000-7000rms needs lotta power.. i would also be adding about 1000rms in components later?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
What kind of car? What are you trying to do with all the power you talked about in the beginning of your post?

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 304
well im still looking for sum1 who can make me brackets so i can get a extra 2nd alternator installed probally a 6 00A if i can find it along with the 300A its a 1999 Chevy Blazer LT 4x4 4.3L Engine.... im going to need all that power to power the comps, the sub, dvd screens(eventually) and all that other type of stuff, i dont want a chance at all of clipping the power from anything.. but 6000-7000rms is going to need alot of power if i want to keep the voltage at a good 14V-14.5V

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 313
i would have the loudest system on the forum right? lol

Silver Member
Username: Big_fletch

Newport, Ar, Ar United states

Post Number: 218
juss get 2 xxx soundstream 15's with 2 10,000 watt sundstream amps that would be the loudest system

Silver Member
Username: Pike110

Post Number: 112
John, I have had two 12" earthquake subs for over 12 years and they still rock to this day. I have put them in several different cars and applications over the years. I have played the hell out of them and they still keep going. Earthquake isn't well known, but from my experience they will truly last forever. BTW that sub looks like a monster!!

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 314
I was thinking... SQ is better with lets say a 12 from a 15 right? Would i be better off with 4 ALPINE SWX-1242D 12" subs and the earthquake amp, and run all of those at 2ohms, that would be about 6000rms right? Would they have good SQ and SPL? i am trying to figure out if i would even possible be able to fit all of that still though...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
The size of the driver is not what makes it SQ or not, it's the box that makes all the difference. You can make a large woofer very sensitive with a small box and a lot of power. As well, you can make a 12 sloppy by putting it in a large box that doesn't help control the suspension. With that being said, I would opt for the what you have power and space for.

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 315
Ill have power for all that i would need, im not worried about that, ill have a minimum of 6 yellow tops. Would it sound better with a smalled enclosure then, rather then a big one? Better SQ? I would prefer a sealed box setup if that keeps better SQ ported boxes ive heard sounds sorta sloppy (i dont like the sound of the air eblowing out sounds like a plastic bag blowing around or somthing) i was thinking if i go with the 4 alpines i will give them each about a 1.5ft. Sealed Enclosure.. also those togethor would give me about 6000rms at 2ohms right? ALPINE SWX-1242D 12" , also are these subs under or over rated?

Bronze Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 20
IF you want a nice SQ setup and get into the 150's, go with an IA 20.1 amp, and 2 SI MAG's . If you want SPL and into high 150's , 2 Massive Audio DMX 15's and 2 Massive Audio P3000.1 's ,, Or the Soundstream XXX subs and amps. Check out www.low-hz.com they carry all of it at great prices WITH warranty!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us