Type r or P3?

Silver Member
Username: Quig

Pittsburgh, Pa Us

Post Number: 235
wat gets louder type rs or P3.... i have 1 brand new type r and 2 new p3s... i have a ported box wat would get louder? 2 rs or 2 p3s... i have the p3s hooked up now they arnt sounding the way i would like them too... and also on average how long does it take to break in subs.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1369
type R SQ P3 SPL only

Silver Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Post Number: 140
man personally go w/ the R

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1438
type R would win in both sq and spl in my opinion

i'm just disgusted with these new rockford subs. i miss the old ones

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 938
I would take a Type R over a p3 anyday. For SQ and SPL.

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 939
Your post beat mine :-(

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa Us

Post Number: 236
well anyone want to buy 2 p3s for 300$? there brand new

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

Post Number: 107
lol what did u do go buy p3's and then ask a question and realize you screwed up and now your trying to sell them...i'll give you 150 with shipping ;)

Bronze Member
Username: Thebufromnc

Rockwell, NC

Post Number: 48
where you get your P3's from in the burgh, Total Image.

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa Us

Post Number: 237
no audio works or something....

Bronze Member

Rockwell, NC

Post Number: 49
u been to total image in Robinson. straight Rip off there

Bronze Member

Rockwell, NC

Post Number: 50
just take your P3's back to audio works. if you got receipt. they probably give in store credit like most places, and you can get the type r. probably a little more expensive than gettin one off ebay, but if you dont want the P3's then who cares.

Bronze Member

Rockwell, NC

Post Number: 51
i'll trade you a Directed Audio Viper 1200.1d for your two P3's. this amp will be more than enough power to get your R's rompn.. r the P3's 12's or 10's.

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa Us

Post Number: 238
well see....here ill explai8n the whole story.... ok first off im very impatient... ok last week i orderd 1 type r from woofersetc and it just got here today... i planned on buyin the other one from a store... so i found a cheap on (150) i called them asked if they ahd dual 4 ohm they said ya i drive all the way out there 25 min away and they only have dual 2 so im liek r u fu.kn serious....so i ened up taken the p3s.....now im stuck with a brand new type r and 2 p3s.... do u think i can get away doin 1 type r and 1 p3? and sellin the other?

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa Us

Post Number: 239
theyr 12s....

Bronze Member

Rockwell, NC

Post Number: 52
nah, man. not at all. Type r and p3. to much def. in sub. Im saying i got the P310D4, and im actually really happy, but everyone else here says RF sucks. believe them or not. what type of Amp you got goin to your P3's, and r the P3's 10's 12's, and i'll explain to you some of my opinions

Bronze Member

Rockwell, NC

Post Number: 54
What amp.

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1441
all of the kids that have bought any of the punch series subs have had the cones crack on them

Bronze Member

Rockwell, NC

Post Number: 55
r u atleast running 600 watts rms, to each sub.

Bronze Member

Rockwell, NC

Post Number: 56
mine haven't, even though i'm getting better subs tomorrow but i still like the P3

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa Us

Post Number: 242
a bahn a8002t... ported 4.3 cuft box both subs are in same chamber

Bronze Member

Rockwell, NC

Post Number: 58
well there's your problem on trying to get what you want out of those subs. what you got it wired at 2 or 4ohm, and do you got the dual 4's or the dual 2's P3's

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa Us

Post Number: 243
have dual 4s wired at 2 ohms one into each channel... theyr each gettin prolyl aorund 360-370rms....i bought the amp b4 i bought the speakers....

Bronze Member

Rockwell, NC

Post Number: 59
even if u got those P3's wired at 2 ohm your probably only getting like 275rms to each, give or take on chargin system, cause bahn sucks. i upgraded my alt and runnin 1 ga JL wire, a Mobile Spec cap to smooth out the power curves, and my P3's are running at 1ohm with a Viper 1200.1d. tuned to 36hz, and it hits hard. I'm going to disagree with everyone sayin the Type r is better than the P3. might have a little more rms, but the r's cant handle as much as the P3's. The P3's are rated at 400rms, and i know my 10's can run 600rms easily. Never had a cone crack, never had a problem at all. my amp is the key. doesnt get hot, and the sound is clean. The only thing the type r has on P3 is SQ, but i'll bang a Type R in SPL anyday.

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa Us

Post Number: 244
p3s rated at 500rms...

Bronze Member

Rockwell, NC

Post Number: 61
im talkin bout my 10's

Bronze Member
Username: Sofakingcool2007

Post Number: 24
I have owned type r's and P3's I would say the type r's are louder if you feed them 500wrms but the P3's can handle more power then the type r's giving them more potential. once you exceed a type r's rms they seem to crap out quickly. I would save my money and buy a rockford T1 ..they too are comparable to type r's but I like the T1's more

Bronze Member

Rockwell, NC

Post Number: 62
are you crazy, just because the T1 is rated at 600rms, how do you compare the power series to the Type r. The T1 can easily take 900 rms like a fat kid eatin cake. comparing the Type R is retarded, thats like saying the P3 is comparable to the P1. wow.

Bronze Member
Username: Sofakingcool2007

Post Number: 25
the T1 is comparable to the type r ..at least my T1's and my Type R's were similar. putting them at the same wrms produced about the same sq and spl. I do agree that the T1's can get louder than the type r's but you would need a bigger amp. running the T1's and Type R's off the same amp would produce equally good results, and since the type r is cheaper, you might go that route.. I did say I like the T1's better though

Bronze Member
Username: Robman0079

Post Number: 94
Jay knows what hes talkin bout here. Definitley go with the P3's. My 2 12inch P2's are way louder(more SPL) than one Type R (type R's have better SQL). I traded my Type R for 2 P2's and i dont regret it at all. The only prob is havin to wear them in. Once you get them worn in they sound amazing. I would ditch that audiobahn amp tho. Sell your amp and your Type R and get this:
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=359
I would call to check and make sure they have this amp in stock first.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us