Getting new system soon, need

Silver Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 223
ok, I am upgrading soon. I currently have 2 10 inch alphasonik q-reference series svc subs (200watts), powered by a visonik 350watt mono amp (220X1@2ohms). I normally hit around 126-128, but have hit as high as 132.3db. I am going to upgrade soon to 2 10 inch assasins and an audiobahn A8000T 800 watt amp (800x1@2ohms). I just plan on putting the assasins in the box that currently has the alphasoniks. It's just a store bought plain jane box that I will use until I get down to it and build my own ported box. so my question is >How much louder will my new system be? just an approximation is all I am asking...and if it helps, everything will be in the trunk of a 2004 dodge neon.

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 578
probly 6-10 dbs, better subs = 2-3db, double power = 3db, alphasonics suck = 1-4db

Silver Member

Post Number: 225
ok, first off, I am almost quadrupling the power not just doubling. I am going from 110 watts per sub with the visonik amp, up to 400 watts per sub with the audiobahn. So it should be even louder, right?
Second, is it going to be worth the $300 it will cost to upgrade, if I am only going to get 10db louder?
Of course I guess it will sound better, with the better subs.
and finally, if it goes up 8-10 db, will that be a noticable gain?

Bronze Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 54
A 10 dB increase in level is perceived by most listeners as a doubling in loudness
A 1 dB change in level is just barely perceptible by most listeners

Silver Member

Post Number: 229
OK so it would be percieved as twice as loud, which sounds great to me, but could someone answer my other questions too?

Silver Member

Post Number: 230
BUMP

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1440
it's gonna be louder, especially if you put them in a ported box

http://www.freewebs.com/wahlsboxes/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »