TREO SSI

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 553
Has anyone here actually ever heard an ssi? i think im going to get a 15 ssi, but i have heard that a tsx is louder?
is that true?

i heard the tsx is sql sub, and the ssi is an sq sub. i think thats true at least.

anyone got anythin on the ssi?

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1246
the SSi 15 is one of the best sq/sql subs ive heard...next to the IDmax. SSis can get plenty loud but you need to put a good 1000-1200rms on them.

if your looking for a 1 sub setup i would get the SSi but if you want 2 or more go TSx.

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 556
u think giving it about 800 from the a8000t would work alright?

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 558
bump

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 109
well the TSX from what i know can get crazy loud and maintain great sound quality, a guy i know was runnin 2000 watts daily to that sub (its rated at 500 rms) so that just tells you the engineering of treo... the SSi's will still get riculously loud, i would push at least 1000 watts to each of them though

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 415
the A800T will make an SSI move, but doesnt let it get nearly as loud as it can. I've hooked one of mine up to a A800T in the back of a friends blazer when i first got em just to see how they souunded. BTW, it was in a sealed box at the time. Hmm...the TSX/SSI is a tough choice. Both are SQL subs tho. How much room are you having for a box? Alot of it will depend on your enclosure and install, but either way you wont be disappointed.

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 631
ya i should be getting a new amp soon. i should have alot of room, because i fit 2 12s, with 2 cubes each after port displacement.

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 416
Did you get the SSI already?

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 634
what do u recommend for an amp? im on kind of a budget, so i would only be spendin like 200-250 on the amp. what do you think about a pg 1200.1?

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 417
It will handle almost anything you throw at it. I would say 1200 would suit it well. Did you get Dual 2 or 4ohm VC?

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 635
i already ordered the ssi, but i dont have it yet.

nvm the pg, i have the dual 4 ohm ssi

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 420
didnt bump.

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 421
Nvm i guess it did bump. LoL. Well i would say find an amp that puts out 1200-1500 @2ohm and it should do nicely. How much you lookin to spend on an amp?

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 636
i already put that i got the dual 4 ohm^^^^. i got it only cause my a8000t is only 2 ohm stable. but now getting a new amp for it might be a problem on a budget. what amps does anyone got to recommend?

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 422
the A8000T will run @1ohm. And it doesnt get too hott. Now if you drop it to .5ohm itll play for about 5minutes then the protect will kick on. How much are lookin to spend? Hifonics make sum descent budget amps, but they are kinda overrated. but, if you grabbed like a 1500watt Hifonics it would definately work for you.

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 640
ya a 1500 would prolly work, but it would have to be 1500 at 2 ohms.....

lol im not even going to try to run the a8000t at 1 ohm...its not stable.

ill check out some hifonics amps, even though they are overrated, and are cheap

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 423
theres some fosgate 1500bd or bd1500. I dont remember what it is exactly. Check into those, they'll do good.

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 641
what does anyone think about the pg xenon 1200.1? lol i forgot that its regulated power, so it will work fine for my dual 4 ohm.

u think i should get it jordan?

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 426
I've never actually heard the xenons, but i remember a while back they were talkin about them being good amps. They were saying how Xenon was the best of the PG amps. I think it looks good from what ive seen. Theres one on ebay for $300. I would say get it. Looks good, but y does it say 1200watts @4-1ohm in the specs??

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 642
because that amp actually does do 1200 at
1 - 4 ohms. its a regulated power supply.

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 436
Oh. I've never had an amp with a reg. power supply. Well i would say that my first choice would be the RF bd1500, which will be closer to 400 on ebay. And if not then i would definately say the Xenon would do good with that sub.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 1995
that pg amp is very nice often compared to the JL 1000/1, but if you want more power i'd look into a mtx 1501d, it does 1000wrms@12volts so around 1400-1500@14volts@2ohms.

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 650
nope i dont need any more power. im running a stock alt..i think 105a, and the ssi is only 750rms...so i want to give it like 1200rms.

that pg would prolly be the best choice, cause its @ 1-4 ohms.

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 440
Yeah. Do the PG b/c that fosgate will draw a good amount of current. i had the 801s and it did but now it doesnt work.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us