Quick Question for you guys...

Username: Gsxjimmy328

Post Number: 1
well i'll be the first to admit that I don't know a whole lot about car audio so bear with me please.

I plan on getting buying two kicker s10L7's & I want to run a ported box but I'm not really sure what amp to use. What would you guys suggest?
I haven't bought them yet but I was planning on getting the dual 4ohm versions & wiring them in parrallel to create a 2ohm load. I think that would be correct?
So that would mean I need an amp with about 900watts RMS at 2ohms right?

I just kinda have tidbits of information from here and there & wanna make sure i'm not buying the wrong stuff. Thanks a lot.

Bronze Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 15
If you get the 4 ohm version you would need to wire them so your amp is running at 1 ohm or 4 ohms. If your getting the 10L7's you would need a amp to run at 1200 rms at 1 or 4 ohms (600rms each). The 10L5's are rated at 450rms each = 900rms. so check again to see if the subs are L5 or L7.

Post Number: 2
well i'm looking at the L7 manual straight from kicker and it says they're rated for 600RMS in a sealed box but 450 for a ported box. it also says the the 4 ohm subs wired in parrallel will create a 2ohm load and an 8ohm load in series. In the information on it incorrect?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7998
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

Oklahoma City, OK USA

Post Number: 3
hmm so kicker's manual is wrong? Or are they just saying for 1 sub?...

Thanks though. I just need some amp recommendations now lol

Bronze Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 16
dont know about the box thing. but if you have 2 dual 4 ohm voice coils its gonna be wired at 1ohm or 4 ohms. if you wire only one sub it would be at 2 ohms.
http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wiring.html?subs =2&impedance=DVC4x2

Oklahoma City, OK USA

Post Number: 4
ok so I was confused before...

i'm probably just gonna do two 2ohm 10L7's, ported box, wire them @ 2 ohms and run a PPI PCX-1500 amp

Can anyone confirm the 450RMS rating in a ported box as apposed to 600 in a sealed? Or is that information false

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2333
jesse D, i'm from tigard oregon!

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1321
nice amp, the PPI
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums