2 12" Kicker CVX vs 1 12" Eclipse Titanium

Bronze Member
Username: Bassheadjosh

Utica, MI US

Post Number: 72
Alright, I'm tryin to pick out some new subs. I can get either setup for around $300 shipped. I will pick an amp based on the subs I go with...that means I do not have an amp yet. Which do you guys think will be better? I'm going for an overall sql type of sound. I've heard great things about the eclipses, but I'v also heard that the cvx comes close to the L7 in spl...any thoughts?

Gold Member
Username: Pelona

Perres, California

Post Number: 1662
the cvx and l7 are exactly the same in spl just the cvx has better sq

i dont think the square cone makes much difference in spl

Silver Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Post Number: 134
dude those eclipses are super nice subs

Bronze Member

Utica, MI US

Post Number: 73
ok thats cool, but which would give me better sql?...anyone who has the titaniums have anything to sway me?

Silver Member
Username: Bakerj72

Regina, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 169
ti's pwn the cwx in sq

Gold Member

Perres, California

Post Number: 1663
are the cvx n ti around the same spl?

Bronze Member

Utica, MI US

Post Number: 75
that's what I want to know...honestly by the look of the sub and the specs I would guess thqat the ti would be as loud/louder than 2 cvx...it has less cone area but moves 1.5" each way...the cvx moves just over 1" I think...plus I know that the Eclipse is way better build quality...any thoughts on the minimum power I could effectively run an eclipse with?

Gold Member

Perres, California

Post Number: 1664
no for sure 2 cvx are louder than 1 ti

Bronze Member

Utica, MI US

Post Number: 78
I was hoping someone on here had the TI and experience with the L7s and could give me their opinion...anyone on here even have the TI?

Bronze Member

Utica, MI US

Post Number: 79
bump

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 392
ok number one if u give a TI 1500 watts like ur supposed to ... due to having each coil rated at 750 rms ... no matter the enclosure ull have a great amount of sql from that driver... number 2 ... a cvx and a L7 are not the exact same thing in spl ... do u have expierience with these subs? have u been in the same enviorment? same power?... enclosure built to specs ? highly doubtful ... although L7s are built with stress points and poor build qualities ... they do get loud when ported and for someone who needs a budget spl system .. properly powered/enclosed u will be very satisfied ... number 3. .. cvxs are a good... not great ... but good ... sql woofers ... they have better sq then an L7... but it isnt great ... there spl is not as potent as an L7 whatsoever ... not badmouthing a cvx ... or ne thing .. because i have worked with them and have been impressed and disappointed with them at the same time ...

as far as a TI ... i have heard them with 1000 watts and they sound outstanding .. very good spl ... but sound quality that put its in a little bit under the likes of jl w6v2 ... not quite at its level ... but its very enjoyable and if u decide to go that route u wont be disapointed ...

Gold Member

Perres, California

Post Number: 1666
which goes lower a 15" ti or a 15" cvx?

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 394
hard to say ...

enclosure
power

if i had to choose one to hit lower notes id go with a ti ... but from my expierience with the cvx they can hang ... personal preferece .. all id say is kicker products dont last very long ... sub wise ne ways

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 205
go ti...
if you have the room, port it to about 34hz and you will be very happy...
the ti will probably go lower, and sound better at the low notes.
and plus you get to say you have 3" peak to peak sub :-)

Gold Member

Perres, California

Post Number: 1667
whut if they were both in the same box like both in a ported tuned at 27hz box and powered good like with a kiker sx12500 (1250 watts)

thats good enough power for both subs

sorry for jackin the thread

Bronze Member

Utica, MI US

Post Number: 80
thats cool Pelon...I want everyone's ideas/opinions. Mike Loudon...thanks for the input. Seeing as how you have personal experience with both it makes your opinion very viable. I'm still thinking...but I feel kinda swayed towards the TI. I'm trying to beat my previous setup which is roughly the equivalent to 2 12" type r subs...

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4282
if you want loud the 2 cvx would get louder than the single ti. but the ti sounds so beautiful. also it will get plenty loud for you. just not louder than 2 cvx's.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us