I really need advice on wut subs and amp to get

Username: Dualshotty

Post Number: 1
i have a 1988 ford ranger extended cab and want to put in an amp and 1 12 inch sub i am looking to spend around 300 total wut sub and amp should i get and is it better to overpower a sub or under power

Bronze Member
Username: Zulkir

U.S.A.

Post Number: 99
300 total..eekk

Bronze Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 100
well..i have ben looken at kicker stuff...u can get 12" cvr for 75-100 and the kicker 400.1 to power it for 150-200.

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 101
thats ebay btw

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 103
or get a alpine type-r with a hifonix amp..

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 104
or get a alpine type-r with a hifonix amp...there are more options out ther keep asken around.

Post Number: 3
thanks zulkir lol um i was lookin at some amps and subs today would a p1 or a pioneer tws301r be better and is it best to under power or over power the sub

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 107
i would over power the subs. i had 2 type-r 12 myself adn they hit hard...one would sound great and hit prety hard...the punches suck aswell as the pioneer compared to the alpine. herd punch at bestbuy nexto teh type-r so i ght the type-r then i compared them to my friends pioneer premier 12"..go with alpine if u have to pick from them 3. or get a kicker cvr..neer herd them but i have herd nothing but good about them.

Post Number: 7
its jus amps are so expensive i heard a pioneer for 80 bucks 12 inch in band pass kill 2 12 inch p 10s at best buy today so would a mtx thunder 5500 compare to a type e i cant afford a type r

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 109
mtx would be louder but the e would sound better...that 300 include wiring?

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 111
let me know waht all nees to be in teh 300 n ill see if i can put somthing togather..not the bestperson to be to help u but i bet i can give u some great options.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
preferably im paying for college to so im tight on money so i definately want quality and long life so u say type e and a bazooka amp giving 240 rms the type e rms is 200 then i spend bout 270 but is the type e worth 40 more dollars over teh mtx thanks so much for ur help

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
ill build a box so wiring amp and sub for 300 would be great and id like to buy in store not on internet thankyou

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 113
dont go with a bazooka amp! all there stuff sucks.

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 114
if i was u i would order off line..most places ship for free n teh stuff is cheeper..let em give u some ideas..give me a min

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
ok offline is fine i jus dont want like used ebay stuffand take ur time someone reccomended a 12 inch assassin for 90 bucks are they good

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 115
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13310 (wired to 2 ohms)
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13988
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13577

thats under your price range i think. adn better then that bazooka crap

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 116
no idea haent herd realy anythign about them...atm i am stiken to what i know.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
thanks there is a store i live by that is offering a buy one get one on the mtx 4500 so 100 dollars gets me two 12 inch mtx is that a good deal

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 987
first that sub is not worth buying, and the rms is 225 and it's svc 4ohm, and that amp only does 200w @ 4ohm, which is the way you'd have to wire it, but since hifonics is overrated you'd be looking at closer to 150w.

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 117
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13517
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=16412
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13577

out of the 2 options..i would go with this one because if u get money to get 1 12" type r this amp goes with it great.

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 989
sorry, but i'd have to say no again. not trying to be a d!ck, but never recommend audioburn, ever. and that amp wouldn't give a type r enough power. an r needs about 550 at least.

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 118
i would go with waht i posted..mike is right about the other one...for 300 u cant beat the alpine amp that kit and the audobahn sub..and u can even upgrade to a alpine type r with that amp later.

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 990
you must have misunderstood what i meant. i meant that sub is garbage, and that amp would def. be underpowering a type r.

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 119
no idea the stats on teh type e but if its liek 400rms 4 ohm dvc get that insted of the audobahn..if its only like 200-300rms get he audobahn

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
so u both agree a type r is a good sub

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 120
lol mike i hope u are refering to the hyf amp adn the mtx sub..i agree wuth u there i didet see it was svc cuz the alpine amp will power a type-r or the audiobahn great.

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 991
type r is good, not the best, but far better than the crap audioburn zulkir is recommending to you.

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 121
oh yes i have 2 type-r myself but for me 2 are to loud so i am dropen to 2 kicker cvr

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
what about this amp is this a good amp for price

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7652444&type=product&productCatego ryId=cat03087&id=1134701297803

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 122
autdio is a good sub for the 300 limit u are on.. friend has 2 12" audios powered by mts n they sound okay for the money but not even in teh type-r ballpark. i would save money n get a type-r..

btw i am watign to sell ym 2 type-r's...told a friend 200 for em including a box..but if he dont get he okay to get them from his dad ima ask on here if anyoen wants em for that price + shiping.

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 992
zulkir, i'd go with a better amp cause it's 600w at 14.4, so if you aint got the charging system to support it, than the power drops. yeah, it wouldn't underpower it as much as i said before, but an r will handle 600+ easily and doesn't really come alive without 600w+ ported, imo. and when i said the sub was garbage, i meant the audiocrap and the mtx.

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 123
no the one i linked is way better and only 15 more...that oen cant even handel a type-r

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 124
i know all about the tyupe-r..i was runign the orion 1200d adn 2 type-r subs in a sealed box. coudent turn it up all the way cuz my alt couldent handel it and whe i looked in the car the air moved so fast ym hair moved and looken out he windows was all blurry and i couldent see out the merrors... the other amps were amps to get him started with the 30o he had to spend...but if u are going with a amp get the alpine 600w one..on avg if u cant do 14.v i would say it puts out 500-550. would go well with a type-r

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
i cant afford a type r and an amp to give it the power it needs so but thanks for ur help

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2263
how bout a 12" cvr? run you around 80 on ebay...or an AA assassin...

i could find u a cheap amp for both of these.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
ok bassman a do u reccomend a cvr or assassin and what amp would be cheap and work with each

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 126
save up n get soem kickers like me....i had the r's n i dont think its worth the money so i am selling them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
well i listen only to rap and r and b so a 12 inch cvr would be fine and would a 10 inch be ok to and what amp do u reccomend zul i need less than 170 tho

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2264
and by the way, a cvr is louder spl wise than a type-r. i have dealt with many many diff application with diff boxes.

and like ctmike said, YOU NEED TO GO PORTED WITH A TYPE-R, AND EVEN WHEN IT IS, YOU NEED AT LEAST 600 TO GET IT SOUNDIN GOOD

considerin ur budget, the type-r + amp to power it is going to be too much.

quote:

whe i looked in the car the air moved so fast ym hair moved and looken out he windows was all blurry and i couldent see out the merrors

LOL. OMG. the air was moving so fast you couldnt see inside ur car!!! and couldnt see out the mirrors!! wow, sounds like a hurricane

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
wut about an audiobahn amp dub8001 with a 12 inch cvr
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=17140

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14817

Silver Member
Username: Gangstafert

Jacksonville, Florida USA

Post Number: 274
zulkir,there isnt going to be a big difference in your type r's and cvr's, and zach i would listen to ctmike and bassman if i were you they know their stuff, and the assasin is a very nice sub.

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 127
go 12" but for the amp for 170 i dont know...save up a lil more.

get a 12"cvr 4ohm dvc and a kx400.1 amp...look into getign stuff off ebay.

going cheep on teh amp is not the way to go.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
cutlass do u recommend assassin over cvr

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2265
i'll help ya out zach. you need to get some head way.

the CVR's and Assassins are contantly considered some of the best budget subs on the market. they are very very hard to compare spl and sq wise. in my opinion the assassins and CVR's are bout equal.

if it was my car zach, the best budget system would be:

two of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kicker-CVR12-Comp-VR-12-Sub-Woofer-Car-Subwoofer-4-OHM_W0QQi temZ290005519287QQihZ019QQcategoryZ39777QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-AUDIOBAHN-A8002T-2-CH-INTAKE-HIGH-POWER-AMP_W0QQit emZ260005771078QQihZ016QQcategoryZ48597QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

all that would be under 300!!

but is space obviously an issue? -- i can pick u a good solid amp for that 12" cvr or assassin which ever you choose

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 128
well the cvr pulls 400w less then the type-r lol..

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 995
quote:
whe i looked in the car the air moved so fast ym hair moved and looken out he windows was all blurry and i couldent see out the merrors

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL. OMG. the air was moving so fast you couldnt see inside ur car!!! and couldnt see out the mirrors!! wow, sounds like a hurricane

yeah just read that. zulkir, you're full of sh!t on that. i was running a pair of r's too, off a kicker 1200.1 ported and mine weren't doing that, and i know my setup was louder than yours.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
wow ok thanks for the help guys but im jus getting overwhelmed lol

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2267
^^ yup.

like i said, it ur choice if you want a cvr or assassin, they are very equal in both categories

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 129
i am not joke...i wasent as bad as i guess it sounded but yes my hair did move it distorted my voice and it was vry blurry when i looked out the windows..and the mirriors u couldent see out of at all...this is in a 97 monte carlo.

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 996
imo, i'd get the assassin. you can get one brand new from the manufacturer about the same price as a used cvr, and they have better sq.

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 130
had 2 12"type-r orion 1200d pioneer 7700mp hu 0awg power wire 14 awg speaker wire. with the back seat down they were facing into the car.

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 997
"it distorted my voice and it was vry blurry when i looked out the windows"

please stop posting this bullsh!t.

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2270
assassin has a better sq
CVR lil better spl

i have heard both, and any choice is very good

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 131
y dont u shut your cockholster mike..i am not bullshiting..if i had another amp i would pay to fly yo @ssover here to show u.

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2275
man. calm the f down. dam. i kno tons of people and have personally seen many type-r in enclosures, was it in a ported enclosure,.. tuned to what?

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 998
i aint trying to start nothing dumba_ss, but when someone is posting bullsh!t it's kinda obvious. theres plenty of other people besides me on here that ran type r's also and not once did someone say it distorted there voice or made it blurry to look out windows. so you should really stop posting lies. and sealed, i really doubt 2 sealed r's would do that when ported wont.

it must have made driving really hard when you had your radio on and not being able to see cause everything was so damn blurry! you must have wrecked alot!

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 133
its in a sealed box i built myself

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 134
i never sadi the frnt window...the side and back windows along with all the mirrors..i had to drop it to about 30 volume so i could dive

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2277
sealed box really wont make ur voice distorted or blurry to see out the windows.

if you had a ported box tuned to 65 i could see maybe it hard hearin your self (aka voice distorted_ -- but i still wouldnt beleive it. not tryin to start anything, just going by wuts the facts

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1000
thank you!^^^^^

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 138
dude i am not liing...i got about 10 people that will tell u the same thing..they hate riding in my car when i have em turned up..they say it makes there chest hirt..dont hirt me but i can feel it in my chest.

y would i lie..i have no reason to..i dit even like it that loud so i am downgrading.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1002
downgrading to cvr's? you know cvr's have more spl than type r's right? and i don't care how many people you know that would tell me that, i've heard alot of type r set ups and i aint never heard one that makes my voice distort or looking out windows blurry, especially sealed.

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 141
well u havent seen mine then

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1005
yeah ok.

i don't like starting nuthing, but i feel safe to say 2 r's will not do that. i had mine ported (which is louder than sealed), a kicker 1200.1 amp, which puts out more power than on orion 1200, and i had my back seats down and tried different positions with the box. and i never once had trouble looking out windows or talking. and mine was in a smaller car with less cabin space than yours. i'm not trying to knock your subs, especially since i had the same ones, but r's will not do that.

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 147
whatever i am done with yo stuped @ss

Bronze Member
Username: New_at_this

Post Number: 56
zulkir,stop being childish and bullSh!ting.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1284
jaja
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us