2 amps

Bronze Member
Username: Zulkir

U.S.A.

Post Number: 95
how hard is it to wire 2 amps?..geting 2 12 cvr and i was thinken of runing 2 amps 1 to each sub with 1 cap for both amps. or would it be better to run just 1 amp? the install dont bother me much seming i have the wires to run 1 amp already installed adn if i jsut have to run another rca cable or somthing that willbe ez.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1220
get audiobahn a8000t if they're dual 2, if they're dual 4 get hifonics 1206d. Get 1 amp, save money for beer

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2221
LOL. AND DO NOT GET A CAPACITOR!!!

dont get 2 amp if you dont have to. in ur case, get the a8000t if DVC 2 ohm subs, or a hifonics 1206d if DVC 4 ohm subs

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2222
LOL. OMG... i didnt read ur juliob, haha

Gold Member

Post Number: 1224
jajajaja, damn bro you DEf know the stuff jaja, bassman you're a wise man and i need your opinion on this stuff. Realmofexcursion has a video on a bumper sub, is the same sub i have, i want to know how it sounds, i need your opinion cuz right now i don't have a car and my PC speakers can't,they are pretty bad. Can you do that for me man? You can be honest if they suck jeje

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2225
lol. give me a link

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2226
if you have the same sub dont u know how it sounds??? lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1226
http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos.html

The brand is Bumper. Thanks bro, remember you can be honest

Gold Member

Post Number: 1227
the problem is that everyone in this country says that brand rocks, but they don't know d1ck, they think DHD rocks (imagine that). I heard this subs in a bandpass, you know they're not the best place to test a sub. An employee crashed my car and i'm now jogging jeje. I got them for free, can't argue.

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2228
dont u know how it sounds? since you have it? jejeje,,, hahaha

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2229
oo you dont got a car... lol h/o, let me check it out

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2230
wut the website for DHD?/ i wanna take a look

Gold Member

Post Number: 1228
jaja, i'm going to kill that guy jeje.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1229
i don't think DHD has a site. They're so bad jeje.

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2231
LOL. ^^

i saw the video and it was hard to tell whether or not it was any good. it looked like an old sub because when they zoomed in on the cone it looked kind of old. the bass sounded pretty clean, but he was just plain a test tone, so it would have been better to tell if it was a good sub if it had some music in the background.

overall it was ok, but yet again it was hard to tell whether it was good because it was just a tone for like 10 seconds. what were the other choices you could have gotten for subs?? --- or did they just give you it?? --- wut subs did u have before or sub?

i havent heard much bout bumper subs.

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2232
its sounds like its an sq sub, but the bass did sound pretty clean :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1232
got them for free, 2 15, mines are more powerful 1250w (they say). I had a crappy system before, but i don't mind, is for daily driving, i don't like playing loud music when i'm driving, but i think they will do the job i want. They look kinda old, but i got mine brand new, the voice coils were shining lol! I didn't have more choice jeje. I'll post some pics and tell you how it sounds ASAP.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1233
I'll change the bandpass design, tune it to 32-35HZ ported jeje

Gold Member

Post Number: 1234
thanks for your opinion.

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2236
yea. def... ASAP. like i said, they sounded pretty clean and they also seemed to get pretty loud it should suit ur needs. if ya needs any help email me @ dl_blazer@yahoo.com or aim @ bassmanthree --- you should get AIM man

** are bumper subs really pop. in ur country? they arnt here, lol. i cant find them on the web. website?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1235
they sell it here a lot, but they're US Made, that's what i find weird. Thanks for the mail bro

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2254
yea no prob. hit me up whenever... do they have a website that u know of?? -- u have a verizon cell phone by any chance, lol. i get free text messages from verizon people

Gold Member

Post Number: 1254
no verizon for me (they're too expensive here lol!) i have orange (GSM system, Sim and all those stuff). I'll check if i can find a homepage, but those sub i always check them on suburbs and garage sales, but WTH, they are cool jeje.

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2258
haha. dam, you need to aim so we can talk. just download it, takes 2 seconds. www.aim.com

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 106
thx for the help but i wana keep it all kicker stuff so if i have problems i can get it fixed around here so i dont have to send it out.. thats y i am selling my type-r's and not geting my orion amp fixed. wanna beable to take it soemplace close and get it fixed in a few hours if i have to.

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 108
and y not a cap? what could it hirt..from what i got from my electronics class it actuly help by holding the voltage more stedy so it dosent dip down as much so each hit gets the same voltage.and it looks cool!

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2276
ok. but adding a cap will only later on further complicate voltage problems...

it will stable out voltage and will temp be alright. but you CANNOT, cannot have a cap without upgrading to a HO alt. A capacitor only complicates things because it puts most strain on ur alt.

read up boi

http://www.wickedcases.com/caraudio/capacitors.html

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 136
thats another reason i am dropen down 400rms n goign to cvr because the bigest alt that can go in my car is 250a and i need abotu a 350 to power ym car + the audio...

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 999
"i need abotu a 350 to power ym car + the audio..."

what kind of audio you running that needs a 350a alt? please don't say your r's.

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 137
dude if u do the Fuken math teh car needs about 60-70% of the stock alt adn the system can pull a max of i think it was 300 add in the 60% u get about 350. the will get u no light diming no electrical power problems no cap full use of all teh electric windows ac. headlights adn cover the sound...that sh!t pulls more amps then u think.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1001
again, what kind of amps you plan on running? if you plan on running 2 cvr's, no matter what amp/amps you have running them there is no way in hell you need a 350a alt.! you could have a 150a alt. and be fine.

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 139
if u wana do it yo self... max power/volts+60% of stock alt

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1003
i don't need to do the math to know running 2 cvr's do not need a 350a alt. and if you don't believe me start a new thread asking if a 350a alt. is needed to run 2 cvr's. bet not one person says an alt. that big is needed.

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 143
I NEVER SASID FOR @ FUKEN CVR I WAS TSLKEN @ GOD DAM FUKINg TYPE-r U WH-ORe

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1006
still don't need 350

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 148
DO THE MATH U DIPSH!T or is it to had to add and divide for u

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2279
you dont need a 250a alt unless ur runnin 2000 watts

350a alt is like 4000 watts --- my 80 amp alt, can handle my 810 watts of power @ 14.4 volts. and my lights dont dim at all

you have ur alt amps messed up

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 151
well my 160 amp alt cant handel 2 type-r's

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2280
divide that 160 by 2 = the real alt you have

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 152
i had my electronis tach help me with it.he know all the math formulas n stuff adn how it all works..he did the math and with 2600w + 60% of my stock alt he sugested 350a alt

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 154
how 2 i called the dealer adn they sadi its a 160a

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1011
your alt. is either not 160 or its already bad.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1012
your alt. is either not 160 or its already bad.

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 155
when i got it i t was bad..i replaced it

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2281
was that ur stock alt. because the highest a stock will go is 120 i beleive

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 156
tehy sadi my stak alt was bad was topen at 187 amps..i got a aftermarket alt thay said was 160a

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 157
btw it holds at 13.ov if that means anything

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2284
why r u bein so mean man?

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 159
he wont stfu if he would drop it n never talk to me again that would be great..i am hear to tell waht i know and get learn a much as i can. not to be followed aroudn by some freek that dotn knwo when to shut his face when he is asked

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 160
anyways...will i be okay getign 2 cvr with this alt? if infact it is a 160a... it charges at 13.0v idle

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2286
Let's say you install a 1,200 watt amplifier in your ride. Your rides charging system must produce enough electrical current to run the amplifier and still power the rest of the car's electrical requirements. Now how do you know how much current is needed? Simple:
step 1: Find out how much RMS wattage your amplifier will produce based on the load presented by your speakers.
step 2: Divide this number by 12 (volts)
step 3: Take the resulting number and multiply by the factor below, based on the amplifier type:
Class AB: *1.4
Class T or D: *1.2
step 4: Add the totals together if there is more than one amplifier in the system
step 5: add your stock alternator's HOT current rating to this figure.
The total you get is the amount of current your car and audio system will draw at peak output.

Most vehicle electrical systems are 12.5VDC at idle, and between 13.8 and 14.4VDC above about 900rpm but we use 12 volts as the standard for these calculations because most amplifiers today use a regulated power supply, so they get 12VDC regardless of input voltage, so...
1,200 watts divided by 12 volts equals 100 Amperes of current.
If this is a class D amplifier, it'll be ~80% efficiend, so we'll add 20% of 100A to the total, and we get about 120A of current demand continuously at peak output.
This means that the electrical system of the vehicle will need to produce an extra 120 Amperes of electrical current to power your amplifier and subwoofer at peak levels. Keep in mind that the factory electrical system is designed to produce enough charging power (alternator and battery) for the vehicle's stock equipment, and was not designed to accomodate high-powered audio systems

there ya go.

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 162
so a 220 to be safe if i was usen type-r..but i am switchen to cvr adn this is liek 100 so a 200 for the cvr..just guessing

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2289
220 would be plenty pleny pleny if you were runnin ur 2 r's...

1000 watts to cvr's (2) = 175-200 is plenty + tons of room for upgrades

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 164
where u get that info u posted? wanna bookmark it if i can

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 165
so if i was to add neons i would have room for a full kit

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 166
adn waht do u mean by class d amps are 80% efficiend

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2292
tooooooooooo late.

got it from

http://www.wickedcases.com/tutorials/index.html

class D amp and a/b have diff efficiecy rating. D is 80% and class a/b is like 60 or sumthin.

goin to bed

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2294
it will be enough for lights too

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 167
kk thx cya

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8432
well i didnt read everysingle detail on this thread but it seems like the argument is whether or not a 350A alt is necessary

My 2cents - whether its necessary now 4 ur current setup if were mw if would STILL get the biggest ho alt that would fit (if $ isnt really a consideration)

my reason : in car audio is addicting like crack & u always want 2 upgrade & get bigger/better so i say u may as well get ur alt now & never have 2 worry about any power issues again ....

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1024
true^^^^ bigger alt. is the best.

but the thing was zulkir was trying to say a 350a alt. is the minimum to run his car and the amp to power 2 cvr's. he just swore him and his teacher or whatever figured a 350 is what is needed.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1279
he's more than fine with his 160a alternator, don't know why he's scared. Hook the thing up, if you see your lights dimming, then start worrying

Silver Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 170
mike u are still talking?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1033
haha, you funny dude you know that?

as you can see, everyone else is giving you the same advice i gave, but for some reason you get all childish and mad.

why is it you get all mad saying how wrong i am, do the math, then bassman tells you same thing, and you're like alright wow thanks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1309
jaja

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2313
really childish... i think hes tryin to get on ur nerves. thats all CT. dont pay any attention to him n e more, b/c we all know what gonna happen

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1043
i don't really pay him no mind. i just kept it up last night cause he just kept running his mouth and every time i wrote back he was just gettin madder and i thought it was funny.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us