Pheonix Gold x400.1 Help

Bronze Member
Username: Blazerboy

Post Number: 55
Hey guys,
I think im going to go and get A Pheonix Gold 400.1 amp for my 12" Rockford Fosgate stage 1 Subs. Would this setup work well together? Also the guys I bought My Blazer from left a bunch of wires for a system in my car when he old it to me, Do certain amps and subs need to be wire a certain way or will the way he has the wires in it now be fine for my setup? Thanks for your help,
Kyle

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
Anybody?!?

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2176
what is the VC configuration on those subs??

yes, you need certain wires. for a 400 watts PG amp, 8 awg amp install kit would work well.

is this the amp?:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Phoenix-Gold-XENON-400-1-X400-1-CLASS-D-Amp-NEW-05-400W_W0QQ itemZ270005569708QQihZ017QQcategoryZ18797QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
yes tahts the amp but this is the auction, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PHOENIX-GOLD-XENON-400-1-CAR-AMPLIFIER-LIKE-NEW_W 0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38638QQihZ002QQitemZ120003934579QQrdZ1
Im trying to stay away from indoaudio, plus this one coms with a free bass remote.
So basicly if I have Rockford Fosgate wires in my car already, only RF amp will work with them?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
oh and it is 4 ohm single voice coil.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
Also, Will only RF subs work with RF wires or could I use a PG 400.1 amp with teh RF wires?

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2194
no. wires dont work with a cetain amp. find out the guage on those wire and it needs to be 8 awg.

you need to wire the sub to 4 ohms.

which is just connectin the pos from amp to pos of sub, then neg of amp to neg of sub... and ur set.

i dont kno how old those wires are you if they are infact damaged or sumthin. if it was me, i would get some new wires for my new system just to be safe. he also could have had a couple diff awg of wires so it would be safe to just buy new ones for a good price on ebay :-) IMO

stay away from indoaudio

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2195
i meant that RF wires DONT have to be matched up with a RF amp or sub. a wire is a wire ---

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1206
go to www.knukonceptz.com for wires

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
Ok, so I have the RF subs and PG amp, what wires do you sugest? could you please give me some direct links to some ebay auction. Thanks for sticking with my noobness.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
And BTW, i just checked and my wires say 4 awg. So they are no good for my subs?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1236
they're good.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
Hold on, So the RF 4awg wires will work with the Rockford subs and Phoenix Gold amp mentioned above?

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2250
yes they will. just make sure that they are in perfect working condition and dont have anything wrong wit them. check every inch of the wire to make sure it isnt cut into or damaged in a any way

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
ok will do, thanks for your help. Do you guys have anything good/bad to say about the Phoenix Gold X400.1 amp? Is it over/ under powered/rated. Im not sure witch one means what, but when it says it puts out 400RMS does it put out that, over, or under? Thanks again.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1255
is RATED/underrated, puts a lil more than stated, that's nice jeje. i'll go and check if i can find a bad review on a PG (lol! joking).They're great amps, go for it. After you get your system post pics.

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 269
tell me 4 ga. speaker wire and 4ga. power wire are different in size? i have 8ga. power wire on my subs and that sh!t is huge!!!

Gold Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 1274
8 gauge is a bit of overkill for speaker wire. :-) 4 gauge is bigger than 8 gauge, though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us