no usb input
no full color display

Which one would u rather have and why?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3344
Pioneer...

the Kenwood's DAC might only perform at 20bit resolution due to error. Plus they don't have the best build quality. To me, a color display is kind of trivial when head units are made for sound, not necessarily looks...

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1047
I wouldn't but the Kenwood on the same level as the Pioneer. If you want a color display ask for the 780 or get the killer 880prs. The Kenwood is pretty nice though. I have them at my store and its pretty good. Is a little lacking on the EQ features but has some nice ones.

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 125
Personally, I like Pioneer way better than Kenwood. But, that's just my opinion!

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 1086
Pioneer all the way. Ooh I got a questions. I have that pioneer model and I was wondering if it has a detachable face. It says it does but doesn't give any imformation on how to take it off. Doesn't look detachable and I don't want to leave it on all the time so it doesn't get stolen

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3384
Matt, I don't know what model of Pioneer you have, but chances are if it has a motorized flip down face, you have to press the eject button, then the face should slide off. If it isn't motorized, you might need to drop the face down, then push it towards one side then pull it off.

Make sure there aren't any face detach buttons on the faceplate before doing so!

Gold Member

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 1087
thanks jexx. im gunna go try out and see rright now. it has a motorized flip down face.

Gold Member

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 1088
ok i checked and that didnt work. still dont know how to detach the face :-( and i have the model he listed. the DEH-P680MP

Gold Member

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 1089
OH I FIGURED IT OUT Upload

Username: Mrstoney

Post Number: 3
With 20-40gb of music hooked up via the usb port, the Kenwood wins hands down. Never carry another cd around; have all of your music with you all of the time.

If you do go with the Kenwood, stay with 1.8" drives.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/245885.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us