Silver Member
Username: Quig

Pittsburgh, Pa Us

Post Number: 199
i have audiobahn a8002t amp
800x1 rms@4ohm

im lookin for the best sounding subs for around 200$
perferably spl.

2 type rs in a vented box( not sure wat specs will b, if u culd help me on that as well that would be great)

or

1 kicker cvx D4 VC says it can take 750 rms, im sure it wuldnt have any problem takin the 800 from the a bahn...

i just want to know basically if it better to under power 2 type rs by 150 rms each or is it better to fully power 1 cvx.

i already have a single 12 vented enclousre ... if the type rs indeed would soudn better (spl) then specs for a vented enclouse would be great, i will have to build one... thanks much.

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 991
fully power 1 CVX

Bronze Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 84
If you were going to get the Alpines, you should probably get the dual 4ohm instead of the dual 2ohm because that could possibly overload the amplifier and that would be trouble. But even if you do that, you are still underpowering the subs so i'd say go with the kicker. It wouldn't be as good as 2 type r's, but it would be a better choice with your amplifier.

Username: Naledge503

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 1
I hate to break bad news but you cant power the D4 at 4 ohms you have to power it at 2ohms or 8 ohms. I have 2 CVX 12D2 and 2 A8002T. I have 1 amp per sub.

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wiring.html?subs =1&impedance=DVC4x2

Silver Member
Username: Quig

Pittsburgh, Pa Us

Post Number: 201
your right, thanks for pointing that out, ok so ill just get a D2 VC.

so you guys are saying get the cvx?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us