Memphis Amp!

Silver Member
Username: Big_fletch

Newport, Ar, Ar United states

Post Number: 172
I just got my 1100 class m memphis amp today for my 15 solo baric L7 i use to run a 1600 power acoustic gothic series amp on the 15 and i just hooked the memphis up and i cant tell much differece at all it sounds better but not louder and also i have the sub wired behind the magnet to make them have a "cross connection" and its goin to postive to postive and negative to negative and i dont know what to do how do i make it put out 1100 watts max out on that amp cuz my sub isnt pounded it sounds just as loud as the power acoustik did so please reply

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 983
jajajaj you have like 2 weeks posting and now that you got it you're sad, check the gain, is your sub dual 2 ohm??

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 698
I think your underpowering it. I had suggested the Memphis mc1500. yours is a nice amp, but only 1100wrms in an ideal setting. If you put 14.4 volts to it. If you have volume at max, If you have gains at max. That sub is rated at 1000wrms, so 1100 is just moving it. So in short, it is what it is. The mc1500 would have given you soom headroom to bump.

Silver Member

Post Number: 173
my sub is 2 ohm and it dont push it that much it pushes it as much as the power acoustic 1600 watt amp did and i know that theres gotta be a dam* wire or somethin that is wrong so tell me what u think it might be!!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1002
marc, he's not underpowering, the sub is rated at 1000w, it should sound powerful with 1000w rms. That amp puts around 1300w rms so what r u talking about? Tyler check your wires, it must be a lil problem.

Silver Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 703
yea, my bad, i was thinking of a 12" L7. Aslo check the setting on the amp. And you have it wired to 1 ohm? not 4?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1014
yes, or maybe his PA was putting 1000w rms (lol!)

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 488
yeah , marc, that was comepletely wrong, that amp is underpowered, its putting abou t1250 at 1.5 ohms with full gain, if you were pushing 1600rms to it before than the drop in power could be the drop in sound

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 489
yeah , marc, that was comepletely wrong, that amp is underrated, its putting about 1250 at 1.5 ohms with full gain, if you were pushing 1600rms to it before than the drop in power could be the drop in sound

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

IL US

Post Number: 224
No way that PA amp was pushing a true 1600. id say they prolly put out about the same watts, and the memphis is a better amp. gotta be some wires crossed or sumthin.

Silver Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 707
Well, looking at the gothic specs,
http://www.cardomain.com/item/POWOV21600
that thing only puts out 740 at 4 ohms.
What are your voice coils? duel 2 or 4 ohms?
If you have it wired the same as before then you may be putting a 4 ohm load on the memphis. Not good. That memphis should almost be double the power to your sub. Something not right. Recheck your sub wiring,
Wait,
start here: what voice coils are they?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1028
www.the12volt.com go there and click the link woofer wiring.

Silver Member

Post Number: 174
the sub is a dual 2 ohm

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2490
juat barely pushing RMS on that amp, prob needed the 1500

Silver Member

Post Number: 175
then why does my other amp which is the 1600 power acoustik sound louder than the 1100 memphis amp????????????

Silver Member

Post Number: 176
is there a hook up wrong or something what do yall think it might be?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2508
make sure your sub is wired + to + and Neg to Neg, and then run to amp, if that sub is a dual 2 then it should be seeing a 1 ohm load.

Silver Member

Post Number: 177
yea it is and them memphis amp wasnt any louder than the power acoustik the PA was louder than the memphis amp but i got to say the little bass the memphis amp was puttin out it sounded cleaner than the Pa but not any louder at all

Silver Member

Post Number: 178
also do i need to leave the filter button on the mmephis amp on or off????

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1958
the LPF should be set ~around~ 80... set it to what sounds best with ur speakers. the the HPF should be off...

make sure ur gain is set correctly also.

"juat barely pushing RMS on that amp, prob needed the 1500"

huh? it should be pushin the sub great. its also underrated a lil you have to remember!! if he got the 1500, it would prolly blow. that mean he would be pushing 600 more watts into 1 sub! and the l7's are kind to power

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1960
MAKE SURE ITS WIRED TO A 1 OHM LOAD

go to www.the12volt.com --- then woofer wiring on the left---- select 1 sub ---- dual 2 ohm --- and then follow the diagram with the 1 ohm load

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1961
also, what kind of BOX do you have it in???? the box is VERY VERY important when determining how the sub performs

Gold Member

Post Number: 1059
i bet his tired of doing that jeje, i'm starting to believe the PA was putting 1000w rms jeje lol!

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1964
lol.

that PA amp isnt even rated to do that. here are the specs:

# 310 x 2 watts RMS @ 4 ohm
# 370 x 2 watts RMS @ 2 ohms
# 740 x 1 watts RMS bridged mono

1600 is the max
and it doesnt even say it gets close to 1000 watts.

somethin is wrong with his amp because it should be poundin wayyyyy more than this sh!tty amp. lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 184
yea well i bought it for 450 used and the guy gave me 1 year warrenty and also the new 1100 watt amp cost 550 so im gonna go up to the place tommrow and hook up the new amp and see if there is any diffrence and yes the sub is ready to work at 1 ohm i have it wired correcty i just dont know what the deal is but all i know is that the PA is alot louder than that memphis and i dunno y

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1980
wut kinda box is it in??

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 932
personally, you should just get rid of your sub. you've been on here asking for amps for it for like 3-4 months and you're still not happy. just start over.

Silver Member

Post Number: 185
my box is just in the regular ones i guess but it has a port on the left side of the box that goes from top of the box to the bottom i dunno what the deal is but i just wish i could get some good loud clean bass out of the sub ya know

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1982
it wouldnt be clean bass tho. its loud but not clean. but i kno wut ya sayin. the subsonic filter should be set to the freq of the port on the box...

do you have a bass boost on the amp?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1069
well bro... this is history, PA>memphis LMAO!!!!!!!

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1990
lol. i jus dont know wuts wrong. the 1000 watt memphis amp does 1200, that means that 1100 should do around 1300-1400. hmm, somthin isnt right

Silver Member

Post Number: 186
i know something isnt right with it but im gonna go get it checked oot today and see if there is anything this dude can do to it i hope he can cuz ive been on here for awhile now about this 15 and im gettin tired of it ya know but ill tell yall if things worked out

Bronze Member
Username: Railrocker

Marysville, KS United States

Post Number: 11
Something is very wrong. That memphis should smoke the PA. Memphis has a great warranty they will return your amp with a brand new board in less than 2 weeks.

Silver Member

Post Number: 187
well i went up to this local guy in town today tryin to figure out why that my memphis 1100 amp isnt loud on the kicker 15 L7 and its an fact now that the 1600 watt power acoustik amp blows that memphis away big time and i dunno what he done to the PA amp but it gets so hot u cant touch it like in 5 min TOPS so i dunno what im gonna do with the memphis i still think the memphis is suppose to be hooked up different than the power acoustik amp...........i have 2 ?'s 1. can i hook up the mmephis 1100 amp and power acoustik 1600 watt amp to the kicker and turn the amps down im not sure cuz the PA is a 2 ohm amp and the memphis is an 1 ohm if u can do this please tell me how...........2. would a kicker solo baric 15 L5 and my kicker i own already sound good if i had both of them running together say i put the 1600 on the L5 and the memphis on the L7 would that sound good in a big dual box?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2554
dont mix subs and amps, and he must have that amp bridged and it is running to low and hot, it will burn up, just give it time.

Silver Member

Post Number: 188
why u think the memphis 1100 amp is not as loud as the power acoustic i thought the memphis amp would smoke that amp and make it look bad but its the other way around i guess

Gold Member

Post Number: 1110
you stated that your PA is 2 ohm stable, if you wired it to create a 1 ohm load, maybe it was putting 900w rms jejeje lol! i insist, that's the only way the memphis will sound like the PA. Try selling it if you don't like it, and get PG xenon 1200.1

Silver Member

Post Number: 189
i just went up to a car audio ploace like 45 min away from where i live and this dude laughed at me saying your wires are way to small for that amp i have 8 gauge wire on it and some 10 gauge and he let me have some 4 gauge wire and said just use this wire and u will be gettin all your power he told me i was prolly gettin half of my power outta that memphis amp so do u think hes right?????????? cause of the wires bein 8 gauge

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2023
you should def be usin AT LEAST 4 awg wires. hook them up

Silver Member

Post Number: 191
u think that was the problem????????? with the memphis amp not bein loud

Gold Member

Post Number: 1116
might be. Less awg, more power the wire can deliver.

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2037
yup. i would hook it up and see if you notice anything.

Silver Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 712
This thread still active? LOL
Tyler, do you have a digital milti meter and do you know how to use one?

Silver Member

Post Number: 192
im goin tommrow to this guy to re-wrie the system and see what the deal is and ill tell yall tommrow if we got it or not i got a feeling we wont get it!

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2041
that u wont get wut?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1138
at least you're doing the right installation.

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2089
i hope the guy at least knows what hes doin. most insall places dont know sh!t. lol. like CC and best buy

Silver Member

Post Number: 193
i went up there to see what the problem was the power acoustik worked out fine and we pugged in the memphis amp and it got power the front of the amp where is shows the "M" sign was lightin up in blue it was gettin power but no bass was comin out of the sub and about 1 min the memphis amp got red hot so i dunno what the problem is i got all the connections right cuz the PA amp is workin fine and i brigde the PA amp and its gettin hot when i go threw town is there a way for it not to get so hot?.......but anyways i guess the memphis amp is a bad amp or something is wrong with it i dont get it that it gets power and everything but the sub wont move yall have any ideas what the problem is......that amp gets hot as F@ck real quick

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2091
you must have it wired to the wrong ohm load or sumthin. like i said, that memphis amp should destroy that PA amp, and the most power the PA amp will put out is 740:

# 310 x 2 watts RMS @ 4 ohm
# 370 x 2 watts RMS @ 2 ohms
# 740 x 1 watts RMS bridged mono

you must have it wired to the wrong ohm load b/c for 1.) the memphis amp should not get even warm when wired and hooked correctly, and 2) it puts out around 1300 watts where the PA will AT MOST put out 740 (not taking into account that its overrated). my guess is that you have it wired wrong. its shouldnt even get remotely warm

Gold Member

Post Number: 1140
Did you open the memphis amp??? see if everything is in order.

Silver Member

Post Number: 194
i put a ohm reader on the memphis amp it showes 1.5 or 1.0 ohm and it shows that its on cuz the power starts dimin and brightinin on the mempihs amp but it gets so hot u cant even touch it in like 1 min and that PA amp is bridge is makin that sub pound but i know that memphis should be alot better than that PA i dunno what the problem is

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2100
i dont either. where did u buy it from?? like juliob said, open up the amp, or maybe have a shop look at it and see if its damaged. if you have a warrenty you could send it back to the place you bought it from and they will give you a new one :-)

Silver Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 715
"i put a ohm reader on the memphis amp it showes 1.5 or 1.0 ohm" ........What ??????? Where did you put a meter on the amp that showed 1.5 or 1.0 ohms? Amp dont show ohms, only subs.... Any way, you have a meter. Good. Check the subs ohms. See what the reading is when you probe the + and - of the subs wires you connect to the amp. See what the voltage is at the amp. See what the amps - to ground reads in ohms. Can you read amps with it? if you can, see how many amps are pulled at mid/high volume. Let me know what you find out. Do the same for the PA amp.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1149
i've seen many scams here in my country, you grab one "good brand amp" take it the burned parts and get some pyramid filters, you test it and pounds, then in 2 days, you get screwed

Silver Member

Post Number: 195
i sent my amp to memphis to get it repaired yesterday it should be in 2 weeks and i hope they can FIX IT!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1258
jajaja, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR...

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 268
there is no way the PA is louder i have one and it does get hot as fu<k and its hooked up right.. just the design i guess its the second one ive had. same with my PA1920 amp really hot. BASSMAN the memphis shouldnt even get warm????? all amps get warm if not hot expeccialy at 1300rms after a few minutes unless u got some special cooling system....can i see? lol im pretty sure thats how it goes tho. i think u just got a busted amp if wires are correct and ohms are rated right. the sub didnt move when he tested on the memphis? he may wired the sub wrong for that amp then? if one VC is connected + 2 + and - 2 - and the other VC is + 2 - and - 2 + the sub is just going to sit still but make very little noise and that would cause somthing to get really hot if not smoke.... who has been doing this for you?????? it may be easier and safer if you just do it yourself...u have a multimeter you said... all you need to double check your work when your done.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1262
john. he made all that, i'm sure he got a busted amp, or something wrong like a filter or a transistor.

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 272
ya i seen that i was just giving him my thought.. u like typing my name today?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1268
i learned how to write it jaja

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 276
haha now spell that write :-)lol

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2256
john. when i said it shouldnt even get warm i didnt mean it like that. its such a good amp that i meant it in "that" kind of way. of course amps are gonna get warm, but i was just makin a statement that the memphis amp is def. better than a PA amp, and that it would get AS warm as the PA amp. you can cook eggs on PA amps from my experience of feeling them

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2257
B...U...M...P

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 283
it would probally take about 10 minutes but u can cook an egg on one haha.. ok i didnt kno u meant it like that, i was thinking there was some new technology i didnt kno about yet lol

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2259
if there was, i wouldnt have it... i am a budget man, lol

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 284
i would im all about the quality, i wont ever again buy garbage... still got garbage right now tho... lol

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2260
haha.

Bronze Member
Username: Emdawg12345

Post Number: 49
this shuld help http://www.rotteneggs.com/?refid=182315

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2261
help wut?

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 285
help you po0p

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2266
LOL. go to bed!! :-)

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 286
lol i wish i could but im at work :-( but it can help you po0p read it on the sh!tter with your labtop :-) lol

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2272
at work?? where do ya work? oo nightshift?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1287
Budget man here! jeje

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2308
lol. ^^^ bumper man there ^^^
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums