!!!CVR BOX!!!

Silver Member
Username: Talon_es93

Post Number: 275
if i was to make a sealed enclosure for my 2 12" CVRs how many cu. ft. should i make it...i can make it go as big as 7.845...but if a box can have more then 6 side then i can make it bigger if needed.... not sure if all that would have to be used...i had a small sealed box maybe about 1 cu. ft. to each sub and it sounded ok..i made a 6.227 box with a 10"x13" port tuned to 36 hz. thinkin it was gunna pound way harder but i got maybe 2 decible higher...so what should i do?

Silver Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 303
i think big sealed enclosures sound like sh!t. it looks like you want spl, so i would make a box that was 7-8cuft and port it to 40hz.

Gold Member
Username: Alex_f

Near lexington, Ky Us

Post Number: 1097
hey i can build a box for you. Email me if you wwant pics of my work.

Silver Member

Post Number: 276
i dont' care to much for sq i juss want spl.. so would a big sealed box do any good?... i don't think 40hz would be much of a difference to a 36hz box... or would it?

Silver Member

Post Number: 277
n this is goin in a trunk .. 84 regal...(seats dont fold down

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2485
spl, you need a ported box, not sealed, and go to kicker's website, they tell you what box to use for them....

Silver Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 306
there is a noticable difference between 40 and 36hz

Gold Member
Username: Alex_f

Near lexington, Ky Us

Post Number: 1101
it wont get loud if you have a big sealed box. It actually makes t less louder if you go bigger sealed. And porting from 36-40 wont be a bigg difference.

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 1337
If all you want is Spl didnt you read your kicker manual?? you can build its spl/deep bass series enclosure which i believe is 2.20cuft tuned to like 40hz-42hz...........

Silver Member

Post Number: 278
but i figured u guys would prolly know more then that manual... well @ least i thought B would but he dont' want in on this i guess.... so best thing to do is go buy the book....and would a really wide n tall port make a difference...b/c i also like to push alot air around.. i like the feeling

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4197
don't put those cvrs in sealed man. they sound like crap in sealed. ported sounds much better.

2 cuft net tuned to 33hz works well for the cvrs. if you want more spl then tune it to 38hz. my friend has a single cvr tuned to 38hz and its loud.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us