Sub wiring help

Bronze Member
Username: Illwill577

Post Number: 98
aight i have 2 15" kicker l7s 2ohm version with a kx2500.1 which is 2500rms@2ohms. i know i am supposed to wire the subs like this but when i hook the pos to the neg. does it matter like if its vc 1 or vc2 on the voice coils they are #'d. does it matter or no. also when i wire pos to neg on each sub does the wire need to be + or - or does it not matter. these are all dumb questions but i just want to make sure thanks pz

Bronze Member
Username: Illwill577

Post Number: 99
damn the picture didnt show up but anyways i know the subs are supposed to be wired like this http://www.the12volt.com/images4/woofer_wiring/cropped/2_2ohm_dvc_2ohm.gif

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1933
i am not sure exactly what u are tryin to say bout the wiring pos and neg on each sub and if the wire needs to be pos and neg.??

a speaker wire isnt pos nor negetive, its just where you hook it up to, if you hook it up to neg then the wire is neg. you just hook it up like you see in the picture

The VC's being numbered, the wire from the amp goes to #1 prolly and then #2 hook with #2 neg on the other sub. i havent dealt with the VC being numbered before
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us