So i went to a stereo shop today and.....

Bronze Member
Username: Dsmith07

Post Number: 30
i went and asked him about the type r's ( 2 12") and he compared them to 2 12" audiobauns he had in stock and they werent immortal or emortal series....does that sound right?

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2091
no dont get them audiobahn sounds liek complete sh!t they get loud but sound horrible doing so typwe r's would be fine but they dont compare to audiobahn and i think the type r's are cheaper also which there better so this should be a easy buy lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
yea i tried not laughing when he compared the r's to audiobauns..and with the 2 12" type r's he pointed out a west coast custom 800 watt amp and i asked about a box to go in my trunk ( nothing special just a carpeted box ) and he quoted me at 300 dollars. going in a 95 lumina..vented box 1 port

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 954
auto shops are f-cked up, i always go like "hey do you have this, how much, and thanks" i don't let them talk jejeje

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
he had 2 of this : http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2445

in a box (vented) it was...379? thats kinda expensive isnt it?

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 362
those are decent very low budge woofers ... but they should cost u NO where near 400 dollars ...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
yea thats what i was thinking ... i will definetly get people from this forums oppinion before i buy anything

does anybody have those kickers that i put the link up for

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 364
ive worked with em before ... they dont sound bad ...by any means .. but no kicker sub has more then subpar sq ... but in the right enclosure .. powered correctly they can be decent sounding woofers ...

but for the price i would invest in some AA assassins ... much better all around sub for the money ... also for 380 dollars u can 1 driver that with a good box that will dominate those subs

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1963
i have the c12's in a ported box, and they were ok decent sq and the spl was ok for only 100wrms each.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
lol correct me if im wrong but im upgrading from the 2 12" dual bandpass box so anything will sound a $hit load better right?

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1964
pretty much, unless you get some sh1tty audioburn or L5/L7 sub anything will sound better.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
yea he tried turning me on to the solo barics today i was like hmm havent heard much good about them.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1966
ya i'd stick with the type r's, or look into some assassins, cvr's, CV v-max, something along those lines.

Silver Member

Post Number: 960
infinity too, nice SQ subs and very cheap on ebay.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
you guys should post the links to these subs your talking about (-: idk how much money i want to spend cuz i just got a job and i guess i'll just keep saving and get something that will last me unlike my last purchaseS << multiple purchases went wrong lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
bump.

Silver Member

Post Number: 967
www.ascendantaudio.com for arsenals,assassins, havoc... nice subs by the way.

infinity,cvrs you can look for them at ebay or www.onlinecarstereo.com

www.ikesound.com in case you need some cheap things
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us