15 vs 12

Bronze Member
Username: Bassiloveu

Post Number: 40
ok so as most of you know i have decided to get 2 15 arsenals but i got to thinkin and i was wondering if i wanted to save some money and drop down to the 12 how much of a difference will i see in spl and sq? thanks for the info guys

Silver Member
Username: Dannyboyy

Peterborough, NH USA

Post Number: 194
i think sq would be better but you would lose spl.

Bronze Member
Username: Bassiloveu

Post Number: 41
mmkay...

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1010
A good 15 should have the same SQ as a 12 but achieve the same results as the 12 without being pushed as hard. Alot will have to do with the isntall and how its setup. My one Mag 15 has just as much SQ as the Mag 12 but when i feel the need to let it rip, be ready!

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3283
You will defanently lose SPL, and the responce time on a 15 could be the same as a 12, just depends on the motor, and what its made out of... I believe. Could be rong though.

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 212
get the 15's if u have the room.. wont lose any sq with the 15

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6013
agreed^

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7941
x3^

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 483
grrr, i have 12's and i cant fit 15's, if i make an upfiring box for 15's so thell fit in my trunk will i lose spl? will i blow my trunk lid off? im only asking because ive heard up and downfiring boxes lose SPL

Silver Member
Username: Racer501

ND USA

Post Number: 381
i have heard quite often tho if u go with a 15 u and u listen to alot of rock-heavy metal they can get sloppy with it

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6020
that depends on the amp not the sub

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 990
i have my box firing up, and the trunk wants to fly, the thing is that because of the rattle you don't get that clean sound that you're used to. You loose lil Sq. I like 15s better than 12. Those are nice subs, their materials should be fine, so i don't think you're loosing a lot of SQ with the 15

Bronze Member
Username: Halter

Ohio

Post Number: 95
if u up fire your subs u will lose alot of SPL & SQ as well...all the sound is bouncein off the bottem of your trunk and then coming to u instead of coming straight at u....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us