Assassin or type R??

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 1326
Wut would you go with and why do you think it would be better?? How do they compare in spl and sq?? Thanx guyz.....

Silver Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 238
type R forsure

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4187
assasins for sure man. they shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence.

Silver Member
Username: Dannyboyy

Peterborough, NH USA

Post Number: 190
get the assassins

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 486
^^^Band waggon^^^

lol TJ, ur not even buying subs.

i would have to say, that type rs would win spl, and then the assassins would have a little better sq. but the rs have alot of sq, but can get real loud at the same time.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2083
i would go with r but then again have never heard either i would think it would be more of a comparison between like type r's and arsenals cause assassins are more sq oriented

Silver Member
Username: Gangstafert

Jacksonville, Florida USA

Post Number: 208
Arsenls would eat type R's for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.yummy

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1327
LOL cutlasss^^^ Ya Steven i might buy a couple of Assassins for now till i get a job then ill upgrade to like 2 havocs lol. Right now i forsurely have the best spl system in town. Anyone heard that song Ride wit me by NB ridaz?? I just heard it on the radio itz pretty tight.

Hey Steven i saw da brawl on tha other site lol.

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

Steamboat springs, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 460
1 15" arsenal is just as loud as 2 12" type r's.

assasins for sq type r for sql and cvr for spl. this question has probably been asked about 50 times since i have been on this forum, lol.

also note that the assasins are svc 4 ohm so their a little harder to power.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1332
ya i noticed that too so ill be showin em less power then wut im showin my cvrs. Do arsenalz have pretty good sq too??

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

Steamboat springs, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 463
yeah they have good sq but i'd actually say that they are sql leaning more towards spl. but don't get me wrong they sound better than cvr's and about the same as type r's. 1 15 arsenal is also louder than two 12 cvr's

what amp are you going to power them with?

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1179
i dont get how people can say 1 15 is louder than 2 12s, its all in the install. 1 15 ported tuned to 45hz should be louder than 2 12s sealed or visa versa.

ive only heard 1 assassin. it was a 15 in a ported box and it sounded pretty good. i like the type Rs also but more often than not the assassin should win in sq.

if i had to pick i would say assassin.

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 966
steven norris is right

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1334
Hey thanx guys right now i have each cvr @2ohms on each channel receivin like 450 watts rms if i put tha assassins on each channel @4ohmz how much power do u think they would be gettin?? Would you guyz go with an assassin over a cvr even if youd be powering the cvr with a little bit more power?? And AA said to tune box to 32hz i have mine @ 30.5 would it be cool for tha assassinz?? Thanx.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1970
jake AA doesn't make an assassin 15, 12 is the biggest they go.

TJ, the assassins would probally receive around 200-250wrms from your amp, the cvr's should win in spl, considering there getting double the power and are geared more towards spl, but the assassins should have a lot better sq. the port tuneing should be fine.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1180
whats there next model up then? it must have been that one. the guy had a crossfire 1000d on it and it was pretty nice.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1335
Thanx Dustin im missin that "cleaness" from my cvrs outside tha car if i get tha assassins will it sound nice and clean outside tha car?? Thanx bro.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1972
jake it might of been an arsenal, or maybe an old ava?
TJ, i've never heard a assassin, but i have the atlas, and they have a lot better sq than the cvr's, and the assassin replaced the atlas so its supposed to be better, if thats even possible, outside of my jeep they sound pretty nice, that is if you can hear them over all the rattles.

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 396
tj the assassin will sound good inside and outside your car, despite what most people are saying they do get very loud, i actaully own one

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1336
Tight thanx guyz the only thing that sux is that i will have to run it in a 4ohm load which means it wont get power worth a sh!t unless i buy 4 and hook 2 up to each channel makin it a 2ohm load, but for now ill get 2 it should still sound decent with only 2 at that much power right?? Thanx.

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 400
well with your amp only putting out 450@2ohm and you put two on each channel its only 225rms per sub and that is way underpowering the assassin it can take twice that. so your best bet your probly be to go with the type r if you dont like your cvrs because you can wire them to a 2 ohm load each channel i think their 500rms but your not going to notice much of a difference if any if you give them 450
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us