What should I get... Your opinions please

Bronze Member
Username: Th3di3s3l28

Post Number: 14
I already have 2 12" Kicker cvx's and a ZX1000.1 in a ported box. I have a Chevy 1500 extended cab with a rear bench seat. as of now, I have the rear seat back folded down, and the cvx's sitting on top. Now, I used to have 2 12" cvrs under the seat, and thats where the cvx's were going to go, but the magnets were too big to allow them to fit in the box I had, so I sold all that. Keep in mind I am keeping the cvx's I have now. I am trying to decide whether I could/should get a custom box made, to fit 2 more cvx's under the rear seat, or whether I should just get a custom box for one 12" solo x to fit under the rear seat. Heres another thing, why don't I just take out the rear seat? Well, before I considered getting a system, I got all the seats reupholstered, and I don't want to take them out since I paid money for that.

Now money is not a problem, so I can pay for either. If I get the solo x, i'm planning on getting the ZX2500.1 kicker amp to power it, and if I got the CVX's, i was planning on getting another ZX1000.1

What should I get?
Also, I have a 200 amp circuit breaker taking the place of my fuse, works so much better, and I never have to buy another fuse. If i get either of those, will I need a bigger one? or another one? Also, should I purchase another battery? or something else?

Any feedback is appreciated

Silver Member
Username: Dannyboyy

Peterborough, NH USA

Post Number: 145
i say stick with the cvxs and just get a custom box made , but if you want to be loud get the x. i personally would stick with the cvxs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
thanks dan. anyone else?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1217
if u get a solo x ull be wastin your money ill said go with some sound splinter rl-p that wil be as loud as the cvx but wit alot more sq

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3038
if you get a box built to fit under your back seat, your gonna have to get a new bracket built to lift the seat.

as it is stock, you will only be able to get about 1.8cuft from under the back seat of that truck. (if its a mid-90's model) w/ a lifted seat, you may be able to sneek those CVX's in a sealed box.

if you dont have people riding in the back seat regularly, i would just get rid of it...that what i did w/ mine :-)

As for the soloX...stay away from that sub unless all you want in a burp box, no daily listening.

I have 1 RE SX 15 in my ext cab silverado and i was doing 148.2-.5 on a regular basis w/ my old SPL burp box. I just rebuilt and did my first testing today w/ a box tuned to ~38hz...i did 146.8dB. This was the first test w/ this new box...i still have alot of work to do on this on so i can get it to peak out. This box sounds great for daily driving though.

If you need any help designing a box for your truck, get ahold of me...
marshall_white2004@yahoo.com
i'll be glad to help ya out.

Bronze Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 89
Well if you decide to go with the solo x I have a 10 for sale that will get almost as loud as teh 12 and is all you will really need in the SPL category and im selling it... it will also make it easier to fit under the back seat im sure... contact me on aim At RcBrsslr if youre interested or email me at slimmyjimmys@yahoo.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
alright. thanks everyone for the input. Marshall, it is a 1990 model chevrolet cheyenne. Its in the paint shop right now, other wise i would put up some pics. I would take out the backseat, but I paid alot to get all the seats reupholstered, and even though no one rides in the back, I just dont want to take them out lol.
But that would be great if you could help me design the box. Thanks again everyone.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
sorry for the double post, but heres some pics I took of my system before my truck went in to get painted. they suck i know, but it happens.
you cant really tell but its just sitting on top of the back of the seat, the seat is folded down. Under the seat I used to have a generic box that fit over and around the transmission hump in the floor, when i tried to put the cvx's in that box, the top of the box came down too low to allow the magnets to fit in, they only didnt fit by about an inch or so, so i think with a few adjustments they would fit.
the first 3 are of the system i have now, and the 4th is just a representation of the box I had under the seat.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us