Personal Experience Power Subs

Username: Bionickusb

Long Island, NY USA

Post Number: 8
Does anyone have any 1st hand experience with the following subs and can you rate them on a scale of 1-5 (5 being tops)... These are 12s..
Rate them for SQ and SPL
SQ... SPL...
Cerwin Vega Stroker
Orion H2
Kicker Solo X
Kicker L7
MTX 9500
Rock.Fos T2

I am looking to put 2 powerful subs (12s) in the back of a trunk of a saturn to get about 3000-4000 watts RMS... but I do want something that will be good for everyday use where I can listen to either Eazy-E or The Bangles LOL!!

Silver Member
Username: Dannyboyy

Peterborough, NH USA

Post Number: 146
kicker l7, good spl, bad sq.
get the strokers. I had a cerwin vega. very good sub. or the orion.

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 903
cerwin vega, there's a review on the orion's and they got pretty bad, They do pound a lot, but i doubt about the SQ. The mtx is fine but, i don't think is great, just a good product. kicker is only Spl, no SQ and the rockford... well no Sq too. Cerwin vega all the way or DD jejeje

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1372
Cerwin Vega Stroker - Very powerful sub and if they are installed correctly with enough power they sound awesome. I'm talking about the old ones too

Orion H2 - I like this subs sound quality but it seems very " picky and sensitive". It needs the right enclosure to sound goodand if you over power it, even with clean power, it will blow.

Kicker Solo X - Obviously, you're not buying this sub for sound quality. It is very loud and has a very powerful punch. Downside to it is that it has the square cone ( stress points, I've seen them literaly rip apart) and it needs all of the power it says. With all this power that means a lot of money being spent on amps, power wire, and electrical upgrades. Not really worth it in my opinion. But I do like this sub jsut becasue it looks and sounds mean

Kicker L7 - Same as the solo x only it fails more easily. The tensil leads often burn out and slap the cone. The sound quality is slightly better than the solo x but not by much. It's very loud though.

MTX 9500 - I hate it. Enough said

Rock.Fos T2 - It's ok. I'd much rather have this than the MTX sub. No sound quality but it does get loud. It's very expensive though. Not worth it

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8259
4get all of those listed & get some treo SSX or some DD 9500 subs .....

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1206
if ur thinkin those woofer only get the strokers,

but if u want to look somewhere else u should go with atomic speakers apx ull need a single 15, or like u want 2 12's a single apx 15 can handle 25k at burps, and it will easily take 10k rms

Username: Bionickusb

Long Island, NY USA

Post Number: 10
I can get the strokers new in vented boxes for $1100 for the pair.. Someone is telling me to go with the Hifonics XX Colosseus 3200X1 Amp to power them...

Any opinions on this setup?

Bronze Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 90
Ive heard a lot of good things about it... Hifonics usually doesnt underate their amp by much if at all... that is a crazy expensive amp though... autotek 4000D might work

Bronze Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 92
Ive heard a lot of good things about it... Hifonics usually doesnt underate their amp by much if at all... that is a crazy expensive amp though

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7906
i wouldnt buy anything on that list.....

Silver Member

Peterborough, NH USA

Post Number: 160
dont u have 4 L7s chauncy????

Silver Member

Peterborough, NH USA

Post Number: 162
"i wouldnt buy anything on that list....."

dont you have 4 L7s chauncy?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7913
use 2.....and the thing is i have heard everything on that list

Silver Member

Peterborough, NH USA

Post Number: 164
even the strokers, them is hard to come by.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7914
not really...if u go to some spl comps alot of ppl use stokers...because they do get loud.and are fairly cheap.....not the new 1's..the old 1's

Silver Member

Peterborough, NH USA

Post Number: 165
oh i dont have much comps up here in new hampshire, kind of in the middle of bumf*ck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us