U want to make ur current system even louder????

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1158
i got one bass maxx processor made by orion is the same thing as waves but with the name orion on it.

What is MaxxBass?

MaxxBass is a patented technology, which extends the bass frequency range by allowing listeners to perceive bass frequencies more than an octave below the physical limitations of speakers systems.

In cars MaxxBass allows door mounted car speakers that typically drop off below 70-100Hz to play down another octave or more. It also improves the richness and loudness in subwoofer systems.

This is accomplished using the science of psychoacoustics on how we perceive sound. By building audio systems optimized for how we hear sound, significant performance improvements can be obtained. This is analogous to designing and building televisions that only display red, green and blue dots. When we view these displays our visual perception combines these dots to make a full color spectrum without needing to reproduce all the necessary color frequencies.

Unlike other bass technologies MaxxBass delivers more perceived bass while simultaneous reducing the likelihood of damaging speakers and car amplifiers. MaxxBass also delivers this extended bass without any perceived distortion. MaxxBass technology has been used for years in mastering most of the world's most popular music.

How is MaxxBass Better?

MaxxBass is NOT a bass boost technology. Bass boost technologies try to compensate for lack of bass frequency range by equalizing or increasing the relative volume of the frequencies near the speaker limit.

Bass boosts are bad because:

# They increase amplifier and speaker excursion limits, which can damage the car's sound system at high levels.
# They destroy the intended frequency balance of music.

MaxxBass uses psycho-acoustics to extend the bass frequency response.

MaxxBass is better because:

# It is proven to provide up to 1.5 octaves of increased bass range.
# It does not change the frequency balance of the music and sounds more natural than conventional bass boosts.
# It does not require more amplifier power and speaker excursion.
# It has been proven over many years of use in professional audio recording.

Subwoofer Application

The MaxxBass 103 Processor is used between in-dash CD received and the subwoofer amplifier to increase the depth, loudness and perceived size of the subwoofer. MaxxBass makes a 8" subwoofer sound equivalent to a 12" to 15" subwoofer, and makes a 12" woofer sound like a set of competition subs.

The MaxxBass 103 can be used on the front door woofers in systems both with and without rear subwoofers. It lowers the bass response of front door woofers from 80-90Hz to 40-50Hz. This dramatically improves overall bass response in systems without subwoofers, and in and for rear mounted subwoofers the bass imaging is improved. In systems without rear subwoofers, a second MaxxBass 103 can be used on the rear door woofers.

Why is MaxxBass Better?

MaxxBass improves bass by utilizing the latest research in psychoacoustics, the human perception of hearing, into the signal chain. Psychoacoustics is the basis for modern compression technologies such as MP3, Dolby Digital and others. MaxxBass has been shown to extend the perceived low frequency response by up to 1.5 octaves, but it does not force the speaker to deliver these frequencies. MaxxBass also utilizes high pass filters to remove the bass frequencies below the physical limits of the loudspeaker. This reduces peak amplifier/speaker excursion requirements, protects the speaker from low frequency damage and removes undesirable intermodulation distortion.

The bass extension achieved with MaxxBass is perceived as natural sounding and does not alter the frequency balance of the original content.

MaxxBass processing does not force the speaker and amplifier outside their limits.

Why not an equalizer?

An equalizer or bass boost is the traditional method to increase low frequency response. Equalizers increase the gain or relative volume in the frequency range below where the loudspeaker operates efficiently. This requires substantial increases in system headroom or the system will be driven beyond its operating limits damaging the loudspeaker. Additional system headroom can be added, but this increases amplifier power, speaker excursion and system costs.

Equalizers increase bass volume, but have little effect on bass frequency range. They also significantly alter the frequency balance of the content.

Equalizers increase the peak speaker and amplifier requirements. They contribute to loudspeaker damage and increase system costs.

Why not a subharmonic synthesizer?

A subharmonic synthesizer adds bass frequencies that are an octave lower than the lowest original frequency. This technology was developed during the era of analog LP and cassette recordings since this physical media can not carry low frequency bass content. Using a subharmonic synthesizer with these older recordings allowed an artificial deep bass to be delivered.

Subharmonic synthesizers can be dangerous when used with today's digital media (such as CD and DVD) and bass rich audio content, as they add strong low bass content outside the safe operating range of most loudspeaker systems.

MaxxBass Algorithm

MaxxBass is a bass frequency extension technology that provides perceived bass frequency response below the low frequency cut off in an audio system. It is based upon psychoacoustic effects and it the subject of U.S. Patent 5,930,373 issued to Waves. MaxxBass has also received a patent in Japan. MaxxBass utilizes the principle of the missing fundamental, which creates the sensation of low frequencies by generating a carefully calculating a series of harmonics designed to simulate the auditory experience caused by the missing fundamental pitch. These harmonics extend the perceived frequency response up to 1.5 octaves below the speaker cutoff frequency (f3) without perceived distortion, increased peak power consumption or peak speaker excursion. This allows the audio system engineer to dramatically improve system performance by:

# Increasing perceived bass frequency response up to 1.5 octaves.
# Decreasing power consumption by up to 75%.
# Decreasing speaker enclosure volume by up to 75%.
# Or some combination of the above to best meet system requirements.

How does MaxxBass work?

In this example MaxxBass processing is used to extend the perceive low frequency response of low cost speakers with 100 Hz cutoff frequency typical of multimedia speakers and televisions.

The MaxxBass processed signal will be low pass filtered by the 100 Hz limited speaker system or an additional low pass filter can be used before amplification to reduce system power consumption. In either case the user will still perceive a 70 Hz tone through the patented MaxxBass psychoacoustic effect.

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1159
check www.wavescaraudio.com for pictures.

u can also conctact waves and request a car demo they will go to your house and show it to you and is pretty impressive, they made a 6.5 midbass sound like a 12 inch powered by 150 rms in the doors i think they where mb quarts.

im askin 150 plus shippin for the orion is brand new intact, brand new evrything includin box,cables-remote, and instructions

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1160
the epicenter is also known as subharmonic synthesizer read above and it will tell you why is dangerous and can make ur system send a clipped signal

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 978
wtf wut r u talkin about......first u "Paste" a long article bout it...then say ur selling it then say it sends a clipped signal....i dont get it

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1167
the epicenter makes your amp send a clipped signal check the website for pictures

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1168
im sellin an orion procesor this is not a procesor like the epicenter is totally diferent

Bronze Member
Username: Cogdillb

Spearman, TX United State...

Post Number: 22
sounds like someone works for Orion.

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1176
my friend works for them, also my neighbor works for rockford, and i work for my self

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 981
an y do u post 4 times in a row.......lilrob

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1180
cuz i can

Silver Member
Username: Tweeker

Post Number: 285
lol looks like someone likes you lil rob.... people have no idea what it does so they talking sh i t....

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 1195
wuts diff between tht epicenter and the audiocontrol..i believ the audiocontroll is better:-O

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3437
lilrob where does it say the epicenter produces clipped signals??

epicenter does the same thing as this, and been doing it for a while now... epicenter is a processor... deals with harmonics and recreating..

audiocontrol makes epicenter last i knew...

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1184
epeciter=audio control is just like jl audio=w series

download the software on wavescaraudio.com so u can hear the diference,

this is waves bassmaxx. but is hard to find them u can call waves free to request a car demo like i said its pretty impressive and its free if u request the demo

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3438
I know its impressive, a epicenter can make 2 10s sound like 15s... u could have a terrible system..

so you are comparing the difference between both companies by listening on your home computer??????????

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4182
yes lilrob i want that wave thing or whatever it is you call it. since you are recommending it, i can't go wrong. since you say audiocontrol sux, i guess they do.

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1185
yup also power acoustiks and soundstreat have a cheap imitations too.

the epicenter produce a clipped signal because it was only design for add the missin low notes on the song like jazz, pop and musik like that but if u use songs with alot of bass the epicenter will try to add more low notes makin a clipped signal to your amps.

the bass maxx by waves or orion is a procesor that cuts all low frequesys usin a high pass filter(yes a high filters) then it recreates those frequencyz and adds them for makin your sound sound richer and fuller, and that same procesor will send 50 hz notes trick your ears and sound like 30 hz , thats why with that procesor they make a 6.5 midbass sound like a 10 inch woofer

in a few words in tricks your ears thinkin 50 hz is a 30 hz and also make it feel harder

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1186
if u have small speakers the software by waves use the same teknike for ur car, in your computer your small speakers willl have alot more bass because the software or program it will cut out the bass and then add again those low hertz with a few modifications to trick your ears and think is playin louder and lower

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1187
ok dudes u dont beilve it will make yoru system better and sounds cleaner??? contact waves and tell them u want a request for a car demo they will go to your house in a van and show you how waves works and it will show you how it sounds wit and witout that procesor and it will explain wats the diference between epicenter and waves..

the audiocontrol epicenter is a subharmonic synthesizer read above........

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

Steamboat springs, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 438
what would this do to a 15" subwoofer? and where does it go? how do you hook it up?

Silver Member

Post Number: 440
nevermind there isn't a dealer anywhere even remotely close to me. they've got one in friggin north dakota. does anyone in ND even know what bass is?

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1194
is a processor it istalls just like the epicenter but it does a diferent job it takes out the bass then it recreates and put it back,

just contact waves and let them know u want to request a car demo they will probably do everything they can, they are good people i got a dealer 45 miles away from me and they came to my house for the demo it was awesome so i bought 3 i sold 1 and 1 for my truck, i was gonna put the extra one for my neon but i gave it to my mom

Silver Member

Post Number: 441
i just downloaded the free demo for your pc and it makes my music sound worse. my bass is distorted and it's not as low.

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1197
do you have a sound card???? or is your stock motherboard sound procesor because on my media player it makes my musik sound alot fuller and reacher

Silver Member

Post Number: 445
you gave it to your mom? lol.

there isn't a dealer within a 10 hour drive from me. i doubt they'll drive that far. i'm in the nw corner of colorado and there's one in nevada, NM, and idaho.

Bronze Member
Username: Runit3

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 35
what will this do to a comp 18" sub?

Silver Member
Username: Teddy21

Ann Arbor, MI USA

Post Number: 130
it will make it sound like a 22" spl comp type x w9 xxx h2 xr4ti

it will blow your faking eardrums!!!!!

ahahahahahahahahha

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1209
na bro that procesor tricks you thinkin ur hearin louder musik and actually is the same db's

Silver Member
Username: Fiber

Post Number: 234
rob swingleman, if you adjust your speaker setup on your desk some and just play with the equalizer you can make your speakers sound really good, all you got to do is adjust the speaker setup to react well with the room your in. My computer speakers sounded really good in my other room which was alot smaller then the one I have now , when I first put my computer in this room i set them up the same way and listened to some music it sounded horrible, but I just moved them around and adjusted the eq some and now they sound great, it dont matter if you have the best speakers out if you have them positioned the wrong way they will sound like doo doo, some speakers sound better close to walls and some sound better in the open.

Silver Member

Post Number: 448
my desk speakers are the crappy ones that come standard with a dell, but i have only listened to the processcor with my headphones. they aren't great headphones but their better than most.

Silver Member
Username: Fiber

Post Number: 235
I know the harmon/kardon speakers that come with dell sound pretty nice I had them a while back the little sub really opens up under a desk with the port facing the wall
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us