Weird... voice coil shredded?

Bronze Member
Username: Rollout4877

Kent, Ohio USA

Post Number: 68
i have 2 12 inch kicker L7s about 2-3 months old and i noticed one of the speakers stopped working i thought it was blown so i took it out of the box and i noticed this... lol

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6950/kicker8aa.jpg

the voice coil is shredded from where its connected. ive never touched it b4 so do you think the warrantee will cover it??

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 1092
That isn't the voice coil it is the tinsel lead. I don't know how that could happen, maybe it over excurted somehow.

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 466
that wouldve had to move about 10 inches past Xmax, hahahahahahhaaha, if you did that, good job, if it came like that, im sorry
how much power were you pushing

Bronze Member

Kent, Ohio USA

Post Number: 69
1500 to each sub. no it didnt come like that. they were both slammin for a good 2 months

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1162
they wanted to suck more than they handle so they reached its full escursion rippin the wired and coil

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 976
1500 whut.....to each....hmmm sounds funny to me what kinda amp u got

Bronze Member

Kent, Ohio USA

Post Number: 70
3000 watt boss i know its junky so i figured its not pushina full 1500 to each sub

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 1097
OOoooo.... theres your culprit. You were probably clipping those puppies to death. Boss is a subwoofer killer. I would only hook a Boss amp to a sub I WANTED to destroy. Sorry for your loss bro. :-(
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us