Orion H2 15 inch or Cerwin-Vega Stroker?

Bronze Member
Username: Tafkam

Dayton, Oh

Post Number: 16
Hey all, I have a quick question, I am considering getting rid of my two 10 inch subs for one 15 inch, and am looking at either the Orion H2 or C/V Stroker 15 inch. Have not heard anything bad about the Stroker, but am not real familier with the Orion. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Mike

Anonymous

i would get the h2, it looks better and i think it has better sound guality than hte stroker, both are stupid loud subs but i think you would be a little happier with the h2, i just bought the 15" h2 and i am totaly satisfied with it. my neighbor sold his 15" stroker a long time ago and from what i remember i think that the h2 has a bit more sq. remember all this is just one persons opinion.

Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 8
Get the Orion H2. It is built extremely well and has pretty good sq...for a 15.

Bronze Member

Dayton, Oh

Post Number: 17
Thanks for the info guys, now I am wondering if one 15 or two would be better, how about two Kicker Comp vr's instead of the one Orion (would love to get two Orions but way too pricy)

Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 10
Two 15" CompVr's would sound really nice. Make just you push them with a good amp that puts out a lot of clean power. If you don't the subs will blow easily because they don't seem to like bad quality amps very much.

Bronze Member

Dayton, Oh

Post Number: 18
Thanks again Wahl, I am kind of undecided as of now, the Orion I was looking at on eBay is sold, I did not bid on it. Going to save my $ and sit back for a while. Will probably go with two 15's just to be safe as the two 10's I use now are not near enough of the kick in the butt that I am looking for. WIll keep your advice on the Comp Vr in mind. I have a Memphis ST500 now but will probably get rid of that and move up to an ST1000 to push the two 15's. Thanks again for your input.

Anonymous

Orion H2, no doubt.

Username: Filmkid

Los Angeles, Ca USA

Post Number: 1
Mike Geroge or anyone....

I recently got a Memphis 500 and it is pushing my Memphis 12. It hits pretty hard for my music type (house music and drumnbass type stuff) but I wanted a bit more.... Should I go with 2 10's? I orignally was going to get 2 JL 10's but my friend was out of them and recommended running 1 12?

Any thoughts? Much appreciated!

Bronze Member

Dayton, Oh

Post Number: 19
Kyle, I am certainly no expert here but will give you my opinion as to my system so far. I too have a Memphis 500 and have run it with two Bazooka 10 inch, two Cerwin Vega 10 inch, then just today I replaced the subs with one 12 inch Bazooka 12 inch, the P Miller. This is not suppossed to be a great sub but I tell you what, it hits harder than the two tens, either the Bazooka or the C/V. THis is just a temporary situation for me, as I plan to get a REALLY good quality sub like a JL 7 that I see everyone talking about, but for now, the 12 inch P Miller will do. I know it is all about quality, perhaps two 10 inch really good subs would do better than the one 12 inch I have now, but I can honestly tell you that the one 12 is better than the two 10's that I had. Hope this helped, at least we have the same amps to compare this stuff

Username: Filmkid

Los Angeles, Ca USA

Post Number: 2
Mike,
Thanks for reply. So I hear lots about this JL 7 too...? Would our Memphis amp handel this powerful sub? Would it be 500-600? RMS to the sub? If you think it would be no problem for the amp, I may start saving my pennies for one too!

Thanks man,
Kyle

Bronze Member
Username: Rswan

Post Number: 34
maybe fo a jlw7 10in your amp could power, nothing bigger

Bronze Member

Dayton, Oh

Post Number: 21
Yep, swan is right the 500 Memphis is 500x1 at two ohms, but is only 250 at 4 ohms, so best bet is to get it hooked up to one sub at two ohms so it is using its full power. I am thinkin' of going with a ST1000 or maybe 1500 in the future, that way I know I will have enough power to drive a HIGH quality sub. From what I see here the really, really, good ones are the JL W7, Orion H2, Strokers, RE , Adire Brahma, and JBL GTI something or other. I am sure I have left a few out but the REAL good ones tend to cost over 300 bucks for a single 12 inch. BUT, with a good power amp I take it one of those will sound better and louder than two crappy 15 inchers......
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us